Yet another seasons greetings

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
Nightrider

Re: Yet another seasons greetings

Post by Nightrider » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:00 am

Nothing on US releases of those two titles. LS is available in UK. You can find it on E-bay or Amazon.
Paper Walls will be out in UK/Australia on October 2012.
That's it for now.
Vitaly
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Thank you John for your season's greetings, and I wish you and your family the very best this season, and the for the future as well :)

I absolutely love the Let The Right One In film, I think Tomas did an excellent job in bringing your story to the screen. But I must admit, I prefer your book quite a bit more. It is so much more challenging than the film. Who would have thought that anyone could feel such sorrow and sympathy for a paedophile? Well you managed to make me empathise with Håkan, and that is a testament to the honesty with which you write.

I have also read Handling The Undead. And I was expecting a sort of horroresque tale of death at the hands of zombies, but you did it again. You managed to find a completely unexplored (as far as I'm aware) side of the undead scenario, and you wrote a wonderfully emotive tale of the ramifications of having ones relatives come back from the dead, well, almost come back from the dead ;)

Next on my list of books to read is Harbour, but I'm leaving it a while so that it isn't over too quickly. I also have 'Little Star', and that will help me wait for the English translation of 'Låt De Gamla Drömmarna Dö'. We have to wait until the end of 2012 to read more about our favourite vampire, but I'm sure it will be worth it :D (but it's killing me)

Anyway, I've been fawning all over you for too long now, I'm sure it must still feel a bit weird for you huh?

It's great that you have new books and other projects going on, and I wish you all the best with those.

PS. You need to get Tomas on a retainer for all of your book-to-film adaptations :D

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

danielma

Post by danielma » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Hey John...Happy New Year to you and your family and here's hoping it is a year that brings many good things to you all.

Was one of those people who absolutely loved Little Star (and am still thinking about it to this day)...as I've said before in the Little Star section, I would be inclined to agree that I think its the best book you've written so far...I have to thank you, you turned me onto a new artist by the name of Bright Eyes ("First Day of My Life" got stuck in my head for quite some time last year) that and you reignited a deep down closeted love for Abba :oops:

Any new word on the "Handling" movie? I'm still very keen to see how this is going to play out
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

Lucibel

Post by Lucibel » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:12 am

Hey John,

Hope you had great holidays as well. I did enjoy Little Star, and will be reading Harbour next. Thank GOD for Kindle, otherwise I wouldn't have a way of getting your books :D

Cheers,

L
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Zeb

Post by Zeb » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:44 pm

A belated christmas and new year good wishes to yourself John.I hope life is treating you well.

What a good sort you are comming onto a fan forum.
Do or not do-there is no try.
Master Yoda

jcckidz

Post by jcckidz » Fri May 25, 2012 3:24 am

I just wanted to add a view to this thread because the amount of views was 666, which I thought was a little wierd. Plus, if anything, Eli is an angel.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”