Another seasons greetings

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
johnajvide

Another seasons greetings

Post by johnajvide » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi, you all;

Can´t really believe that it was one year ago that I wrote my first post on this forum, and that it´s still as active as it is.
Every now and then I have dropped in and found some interesting discussion going on. Don´t really want to single out some specific contributor since there are so many things I have read with interest, but the ”Falling in love” essay by A Contemplative Life was really something.
I read it and thought: ”Wow, did I actually write that book? It sounds great!” So many thoughts were right on the spot and I myself found some new perspectives.
Also, if some discussion about my motifs or beliefs are going in some strange direction I almost always find that once Wolfchild makes a post, things get right again. It´s funny how he writes: ”I think that JAL means …” and most of the times hits the nail right on the head.
Some interesting new contributions from CrazyChristina, a more Scandinavian perpective from Drakkar and Stefl. And of course Sauvin and Tapetrve … and … and …
Sorry if some of you more dilligent posters feel left out, I can´t mention you all, but I´ve read what you´ve written and like I said last year I am amazed by the general quality of the discussion. If I dare call you a ”fanbase” I must have one of the loveliest of all authors.
As for myself I have just finished my novel ”Tjärven” which is a convenional zombie novel of 180 pages which I wrote in 35 days just to see if I could. Extremely violent, more blood than in Little Star and with a ”soundtrack” mostly consisting of Modern Talking.
(Isn´t that just the perfect match? Zombies and Modern Talking.)
Unfortunately it will only be published as a downloadable audiobook which I will read myself. Some time in the future it will probably be published in paperback only and then also be available for translation. A few countries have already asked.
Little Star is due to be published in english autumn 2011, and Harbour will be out in the US around the same time.
Looks like Handling the undead might finally start shooting next summer, with Kristian Petri as director. As for the film from Harbour I don´t know, since Tomas is still deep into his LeCarre thing.
In the spring I will start working on my novel ”X” which I intend to be a monster of a book, so it will take quite a while to write. The only thing I know for certain is that Abba is involved in the general tone and that it is about the thin line separating this world from the other one.
Oh, Let the old dreams die is out in a few weeks, as some of you already know. The idea with eyes painted on the eyelids is from the video to ”Barrel of a gun” by Depeche Mode, by the way. Look it up, great video.
Well, that´s it for now.
I wish you all a great christmas and a happy new year. I will continue to follow what´s going on in this forum and drop in every now and then.
Take care.

John

DMt.

Re: Another seasons greetings

Post by DMt. » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Merry Christmas, johnajvide.

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Thanks, johnajvide, and same to you! It is a great honour to receive greetings from you!
And this year the timing even better; winter solstice is right after midnight, so in my universe Christmas eve is tonight! And we are going to celebrate it too! :)
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

StefL

Post by StefL » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:10 pm

Holy Moses - a personal greeting, thank you so much John, and a fantastic Christmas to you and your family! :D

I do my best to answer questions about Sweden and in general I think it's fun that your books have made more people interested in Sweden and Scandinavia. Who would have thought a year ago that I'd be standing in the streets of Stockholm June 19th with drakkar and covenant cheering for the newly wed princess and her prince :lol:

moonvibe34

Post by moonvibe34 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Wow, I'm always blown away by your posts John. Thanks for dropping in on us and sharing tidbits about your forthcoming projects. This year has definetly flown by like no other, at least for me. Merry Christmas to you and yours John. :D
"But dreams come through stone walls, light up dark rooms, or darken light ones, and their persons make their exits and their entrances as they please, and laugh at locksmiths."
Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

jonjon_z

Post by jonjon_z » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:09 pm

John thank you SO much for your input and allowing us a glimpse into the mind of John Ajvide Lindqvist. I know I'm new to this forum but already feel like part of the family. I look forward to your future works. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!
"Can we die?" "Of course we can." Eli put his hand on his heart, felt the slow beats. Maybe it was because he was a child. Maybe that was why he hadn't put an end to it. The pangs of conscience were weaker than his will to live.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:55 pm

I think "fanbase" aptly describes the members of this forum. So exciting to hear that more stories are coming our way. Waiting for them to be translated into English makes one appreciate the virtues of patience!

Merry Christmas, John, and here's to a wonderful 2011. :)

crazychristina

Post by crazychristina » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:18 pm

Thank you for the gift of your works. Reading Harbour at the moment. Merry Christmas and happy solstice too.

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Hey, I am a scandinavien too XD

Thanks for a early chirstmas gift, in the way I see it. Well, I am a young BIG fan of your books. And I shall read them all, you hear me!! Hear??Read me.?
When will Let the old dreams die be transelated into Norwegian? Thanks for your greetings :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

EEA

Post by EEA » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:23 am

Have a Happy Christmas and the best for 2011! :)
Last edited by EEA on Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”