My limited edition came in today

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
CyberGhostface

My limited edition came in today

Post by CyberGhostface » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:38 pm

A while back I mentioned that I won a signed copy of the limited Suntup edition of Let the Right One In and it arrived today. I just wanted to share some photos of it as I figured you all would appreciate it more than most.

The book comes in a two-piece slipcase.

The book itself.

Just some nice snowflakes on the leather.

Lindqvist's and the artist's signature.

Finally the endpapers has the following piece of artwork.

No banaaaanas?

Jameron

Re: My limited edition came in today

Post by Jameron » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:19 am

Very cool.

It's a nice touch having snowflakes embossed in the binding :D

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:59 pm

Jameron wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:19 am
It's a nice touch having snowflakes embossed in the binding :D
Agreed.

Melding the cube and the jungle gym into a single image is also a pretty interesting idea.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

danielmann861

Post by danielmann861 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:11 pm

Dang that is a nice clean edition!

I still love my Artist Design edition, but that fancier one really is nice.

I actually just ordered Johnny Got His Gun through Suntup with some of my tax check cash. I was so impressed with the LTROI edition and when I saw they were publishing Johnny Got His Gun I couldn't resist...that book is a masterpiece of claustrophobic horror (in my opinion)

I got to say, Suntup do nice work in general.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:39 pm

I'm really hoping they'll do Little Star one day. The publisher occasionally asks what books people would like to see and that's one I've always suggested. LTROI was one of their most popular requests.

That being said the books can get pretty expensive. I'm currently on the numbered 'train' but I've ended up selling most of the books because I just can't afford to keep them. I'll probably end up jumping off after Hannibal comes out.
No banaaaanas?

danielmann861

Post by danielmann861 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:29 am

CyberGhostface wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:39 pm
I'm really hoping they'll do Little Star one day. The publisher occasionally asks what books people would like to see and that's one I've always suggested. LTROI was one of their most popular requests.

That being said the books can get pretty expensive. I'm currently on the numbered 'train' but I've ended up selling most of the books because I just can't afford to keep them. I'll probably end up jumping off after Hannibal comes out.
That would be sweet! I would totally be down for that if they ever did it. That is still my favorite of JAL's books so far. So I'd totally be down for a Suntup edition of Little Star.

There's only two others I would consider buying from them thus far. The Exorcist and 1984...both of which are already sold out. I've seen people scalping them on Ebay for $340 AUD for the basic artist editions...too bad I didn't have the money when their website was taking orders.

But I did at least get an order down for Johnny Got His Gun direct from the website. I was happy to get an order down for that as I've loved that book ever since my grandfather gave me a copy of it.

But yeah, they are quite pricey and it's not something I would do often. But for something like Little Star if they ever did it? Hell yeah, I'd do it.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”