20th Anniversary Edition

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
gkmoberg1

Re: 20th Anniversary Edition announced

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:24 am

Siggdalos wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:49 am
I like the all-red Rubik's Cube and the overall composition and mood, but I'm less keen on Eli's appearance. Think his face looks a bit too grown-up, if that makes sense. The original Swedish cover still reigns supreme IMO.
Yes, a bit too old. A little too filled out. A truer Elias would have the thinner face an 11 yr old, product of an agrarian 1770s Sweden. Or, that's my view.

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

On May 2, Ordfront+JAL will be hosting a release event for the anniversary edition at Brygghuset in Stockholm. Tickets can be bought here.

I've never gone to an event like this, but I think I'll have to seriously consider it in this case (even if it means stepping pretty far outside my comfort zone). Maybe another infected or two will show up as well?
Welcome to an evening filled with horror, laughter and insights!

On May 2, exactly 20 years will have passed since Let the Right One In was released. We at Ordfront will be celebrating this with a jam-packed evening of talks and music in John Ajvide Lindqvist's honor. During the evening you'll hear John talk about how his writing is influenced by literature, music, film etc. He'll be doing this with invited greats such as Amy Deasismont, Sara Bergmark Elfgren, Bob Hansson, Tomas Alfredson and others.

The music is provided by the fantastic Elias Åkesson, who will be performing his own interpretations of songs mentioned in John's extensive body of work.

During the evening we'll also be celebrating the release of a brand-new anniversary edition of the book that started it all.

When? Thursday May 2, 2024
Where? Brygghuset, Norrtullsgatan 12n
Time? Doors 18:00, on-stage 19:00
Length: About 2 hours
Organizer: Ordfront publishing

Desired dress code: red and black!
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:22 pm

edit: double post
Last edited by CyberGhostface on Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No banaaaanas?

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:28 pm

Siggdalos wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:25 pm
And here's the raw cover art, from Vincent Chong's Instagram.
@vincentchongart wrote:I was really thrilled last year to be asked by @ordfrontforlag to do the cover for the special 20th anniversary edition of the classic horror novel LET THE RIGHT ONE IN by @johnajvidelindqvist, which has inspired two movie adaptations. It was especially fun to get to work with John himself directly, throwing ideas around and bringing John's vision of Eli and Oskar to life.
Thanks! Great art.
No banaaaanas?

Siggdalos

Re: 20th Anniversary Edition

Post by Siggdalos » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:30 pm

https://johnajvidelindqvist.com/article.php?id=276

In addition to the regular 20th anniversary edition, Ordfront will also release 300 copies of a signed limited edition with a special slipcase. 100 copies will be sold at the event on May 2, the remaining 200 sold via Adlibris starting on May 14.

I've decided to go to the event, so hopefully I'll be able to grab a copy there (not sure how many people will show up; if they run out I'll just get the normal anniversary edition).

De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:47 pm

Tempted to grab a copy, wonder how fast they’ll sell. Already have the Suntup edition and a signed UK hardcover but the cover artwork is beautiful.
No banaaaanas?

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:46 pm

Siggdalos wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:30 pm
I've decided to go to the event, so hopefully I'll be able to grab a copy there (not sure how many people will show up; if they run out I'll just get the normal anniversary edition).
I am envious! And happy to admit. You can torture us later with drip by drip teases on how it went. No, wait. Tell us everything. Right away :D

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”