X - den sista platsen (a report)

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel X - den sista platsen
metoo

X - den sista platsen (a report)

Post by metoo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:59 pm

To the admins: please create a new topic for John's latest novel and move this thread there.

I have read the last part of the Himmelstrand trilogy, X - den sista platsen (X - the last place). Since John apparently was somewhat disappointed with my report of the previous part, which I unfortunately called a review, I have labeled this posting differently...

As advertised, this novel is in the form of a crime novel, centred around a journalist and his young nephew. The journalist tries to understand what is going on, while the nephew becomes more and more involved. Bad and sad things happen.

Like the second part, the third part is quite free-standing in regard to the other parts. All of them involve the green field with the blue, sunless sky, but otherwise they have little in common. Even if you are unfamiliar with the earlier parts you probably can read the later parts without feeling that you are missing stuff. Or, perhaps more precisely, you will have that feeling regardless if you have read the previous parts or not. But that's OK. A good book should leave stuff for the reader to wonder about. That makes it last longer.

That said, most of the open threads are knit together in this final part. I now sort of know how and why the green field came about. I won't tell, though!
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Return to “I Am The Tiger”