Elegy (updated)

A forum for discussing fan-created media related to Let The Right One In.
moonvibe34

Re: Elegy to Lacke&Virginia

Post by moonvibe34 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:55 pm

You do have such enviable musical talent Clubmeister, and the video is pretty good too. ;) This was a nice way to cast a little light on those in Oskar and Eli's shadows.
"But dreams come through stone walls, light up dark rooms, or darken light ones, and their persons make their exits and their entrances as they please, and laugh at locksmiths."
Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:52 pm

moonvibe34 wrote:You do have such enviable musical talent Clubmeister, and the video is pretty good too. ;) This was a nice way to cast a little light on those in Oskar and Eli's shadows.
Thanks, moonvibe! Your praise is very flattering and enjoyable :D
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:53 pm

Clubmeister wrote:It was not chosen, it was written by me, specially for this purpose :D
Cheers to you! What a wonderful melody you have written. Tell us: how long did this take you and how did you go about it?
Clubmeister wrote: But you scared me :shock: Maybe you've heard it (or part of it) before??? I do not want to be a plagiarist. :?
I've not heard it before. When I made my prior comment I did not realize you had written it. To my simple ears it sounded like an excellent melody to have put with this video. The music carries the emotion so well. I am delighted to find you have written this piece. Bravo!

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:27 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:...Tell us: how long did this take you and how did you go about it?
Clubmeister wrote: But you scared me :shock: Maybe you've heard it (or part of it) before??? I do not want to be a plagiarist. :?
I've not heard it before. When I made my prior comment I did not realize you had written it. To my simple ears it sounded like an excellent melody to have put with this video. The music carries the emotion so well. I am delighted to find you have written this piece. Bravo!
Thanks again for your kind words!
The second part of the melody came to me first and the first part - a little later. Arrangement took about three days and video - about two days.
And Dmt. listened this and has given me proper comments to improve further efforts :)
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:48 am

That's terrific!

I am curious... Which way did you start this? Did you start by saying "I want to write music that will fit my video of Virginia and Lacke." ? Or, did you start by saying "I want to create video for this music that I have written." ?

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:19 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:That's terrific!...
:D
I've made some small changes in music (it seems to me, now it's better)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:29 am

Clubmeister wrote:
gkmoberg1 wrote:That's terrific!...
:D
I've made some small changes in music (it seems to me, now it's better)
The more I listen to this, the better I like it! I especially like your orchestration from about 1:03 to 1:31, and then the embellishments you add when you repeat the theme from there to about 2:00. Beautifuly transitioned! In spite of the title, "Elegy to Lacke & Virginia,' I found myself thinking more about poor Eli's lonely existance before she met Oskar, and her inner turmoil before she was certain that he loved her. :(

For your next project, you should write the whole symphony!
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:47 pm

PeteMork wrote: The more I listen to this, the better I like it! I especially like your orchestration from about 1:03 to 1:31, and then the embellishments you add when you repeat the theme from there to about 2:00. Beautifuly transitioned! ...
Thanks for the detailed feedback!
PeteMork wrote:...In spite of the title, "Elegy to Lacke & Virginia,' I found myself thinking more about poor Eli's lonely existance before she met Oskar, and her inner turmoil before she was certain that he loved her. :( ...
You know, I can write different music or songs, but the truth is I love Eli, no matter, what and how...
Surely, I'm not Oskar, but my feelings are very like as you described in your beautiful story "Eli's Proposal (Oskar at Eighteen)":

...He knew Eli’s wisdom was far deeper and more profound than his and her life experiences were far more varied and complex than his own would ever be; that’s why he loved it so when she became sweet and child-like again. He dreaded the thought that he could ever get so old that he couldn’t be with her as a child. It was the essence of what she was in spite of everything. And being with her every day made it impossible for him to forget. And he loved Elias for being what he was … and who she was. It was a complete, inseparable package. Take it or leave it....
PeteMork wrote:For your next project, you should write the whole symphony!
:lol: I don't know about symphony, but one thing I know for sure: from this moment I'd like to write for Eli only cheerful music. Because it was more than enough grieves in his/her life.

Clubmeister

Re: Elegy (updated)

Post by Clubmeister » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:37 pm

I've made some changes in music ;)

dongregg

Re: Elegy (updated)

Post by dongregg » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:23 pm

So beautiful, Clubby. A precious gift to all who love Eli and all the characters in this story so much.

Big font for you. Hope it helps.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Fan Media”