Re: A short review.

Postby Drakeule » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:25 pm

Jameron wrote:
Drakeule wrote:You can get the Australian english version of I am behind you from Book Depository. The translation is a bit off in spots though.

A "bit off" as in; obviously Australian, or not an accurate translation from Swedish?

I don't think the translator is familiar with English terms. And they did make at least one direct mistake that I caught and metoo confirmed involving a gun. It's readable, but if Marlaine Delargy is doing the UK/US version I'd wait.
Drakeule

Postby Jameron » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:40 am

Drakeule wrote:
Jameron wrote:
Drakeule wrote:You can get the Australian english version of I am behind you from Book Depository. The translation is a bit off in spots though.

A "bit off" as in; obviously Australian, or not an accurate translation from Swedish?

I don't think the translator is familiar with English terms. And they did make at least one direct mistake that I caught and metoo confirmed involving a gun. It's readable, but if Marlaine Delargy is doing the UK/US version I'd wait.

Yeah, I think I'll wait.

Is it available in hardback? The Book Depository only have it in paperback.

Edit - I've emailed Quercus and asked them when it will be released.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."
Jameron

Postby Drakeule » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:24 pm

Yeah, all I could get was paperback. If there is a version with a better translator let me know. I feel I may not have liked it as much as I could have if it had been properly done.
Drakeule

Postby Jameron » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:46 pm

Got a reply from Quercus. They plan to release the book in hardback during 2017. Nothing more specific, sorry.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."
Jameron