Let The Right One In TV Show Pilot Ordered By TNT

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
Jameron

Re: Let The Right One In TV Show Pilot Ordered By TNT

Post by Jameron » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:48 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:Whatever happened to that Dark Horse Comics series that was supposed to be done??
Well they produced a prequel set of comics "Let Me In:Crossroads" #1 to #4, and a compilation http://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Let+Me+In, but I think John was legally fighting the production of any further comics ... http://www.themarysue.com/dark-horse-le ... ht-one-in/
Mary Sue wrote:Dark Horse has said that it has plans to not only make a graphic novel adaptation of Lindqvists’ book, but also produce prequels and sequels, expanding upon his story. According to Lindqvists:
John wrote:Nobody has asked me about this and I think that the project stinks. I am looking into this matter and hope that they have no right to do this.
"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:45 pm

If they actually film any of this on location, it'd be awesome to get to be a street person in a scene. Vermont is a distance from me, but doable. Right, I'm sure 95%+ will be filmed on a studio lot in southern California.

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:07 am

Some more interesting news.

http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/tnts-l ... snt-remake

With two movie versions of the Swedish vampire novel Let the Right One In already out there, TNT’s new pilot for a possible TV series (announced Monday) might seem like just another rehash of those previous, award-winning efforts. According to screenwriter and executive producer Jeff Davis, that’s not the case. “The TV series will not be a remake of the American version,” Davis tells Fandom. “We’re taking inspiration from the novel and the story will definitely have more of an international aesthetic.”

Davis worked on the LTROI pilot script for more than a year. Originally the subject of a bidding war between A&E Studios and Showtime, the project first landed at A&E. The studio backed away earlier this year and the rights reverted to Marty Adelstein’s Tomorrow Studios. TNT scooped up the project this summer and tapped Adelstein and Davis to Executive Produce. They have similar roles on MTV’s Teen Wolf which enters its sixth and final season this fall.

Davis says the pilot will return to the original’s roots both artistically and geographically. “The pilot script currently starts in Stockholm, Sweden and sees the vampire, Eli, traveling to America with her caretaker.”

The original novel deals with a friendship between Eli (who appears to be an adolescent) and a human 12-year-old boy. The book travels along the darker side of human nature. It deals with alcoholism, bullying, pedophilia, genital mutilation and other all-too-real evils. Davis says it’s from that dark well that his pilot script springs. “In this way, we’re hoping to satisfy fans of both the original movie and John Ajvide Lindqvist’s book which contains certain sinister plot elements that never made it into the movies.”

If it makes it past the pilot stage, Let the Right One In will shore up attempts by Turner’s TNT to retool its dramatic slate. 2014 hit The Last Ship moved the network past its staple stable of cop drama and procedural and into more high-concept fare. And, from Davis’ description, it seems LTROI will be right at home with the recently renewed crime-family drama Animal Kingdom, upcoming series Will (about a young William Shakespeare) and The Alienist which pits Theodore Roosevelt against criminals in New York’s gilded age.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:11 am

Now that seems very encouraging! Let's hope it survives long enough to happen.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:44 am

Tom wrote:Some more interesting news.

http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/tnts-l ... snt-remake
That's definitely much more encouraging (apart from the "adolescent Eli" change, but we'll see).

Good find, Tom.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:20 pm

"Right now, release date of this TV series is in under the curtains. But, there is a strong belief that Let The Right One In might release in mid 2017." -Harish Sharma, 8 January 2017

http://www.releasedateportal.com/tv-sho ... ease-date/

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:48 pm

That article suggests that the whole of the first season has been filmed, I wasn't aware that it had passed the pilot test.
Sarah Aubrey of TNT Network had told about this TV series that, “Let the Right One In combines elements of horror, revenge thriller and adolescent romance into an unforgettable and truly unsettling tale,”
The adolescent romance is a bit of a worry. Yeah, sure, it can be done well, without making it sappy and predictable, but will it?

Time will tell.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:23 am

What do I know, but evidence such as cast tweets and data at imdb.com suggests only the Pilot has been shot as yet.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:49 pm

Still watching to see when/if A&E will schedule the Pilot. Thus far... nuttin.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:Still watching to see when/if A&E will schedule the Pilot. Thus far... nuttin.
Weird, I was just thinking about this yesterday and here you are posting about it :think:

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”