Let The Right One In TV Show Pilot Ordered By TNT

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
abner_mohl

Let The Right One In TV Show Pilot Ordered By TNT

Post by abner_mohl » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:31 pm

http://screenrant.com/let-right-one-in-tv-show/
As a TV series, Let The Right One In has the right mixture of romance, horror, and suspense that makes for quality storytelling. In other words, the property lends itself to being adapted – it’s the ability of those doing the adapting on which success or failure of the pilot (and the series, should it be greenlit) will ultimately rest. Hardcore fans of the novel and its original film would likely give a series the benefit of the doubt, in much the same way as they did the 2010 remake. This means that in order for TNT to maintain LTROI’s built-in fanbase, the series really would have its work cut out for itself.

TNT is undoubtedly aware of the fanbase associated with Let The Right One In, but at the same time the series would present the opportunity to capitalize on the continuous popularity of vampires. A decent vampire-based TV series with depth could bring in far more viewers than the pre-existing Let The Right One In fanbase anyway – should the hardcore fans decide the series isn’t for them. If TNT could succeed with both markets however, they’d have quite the hit on their hands.

JToede

Re: Let The Right One In TV Show Pilot Ordered By TNT

Post by JToede » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:15 pm

Hardcore fans of the novel and its original film would likely give a series the benefit of the doubt,
you might rabbit,you might....
This means that in order for TNT to maintain LTROI’s built-in fanbase,the series really would have its work cut out for itself.
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:12 pm

From what I gather (fans get ready for a big middle finger.) :evil:

abner_mohl

Post by abner_mohl » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:54 am

I think a better television treatment could have been on pay cable as an anthology series covering Eli's life over the past two hundred years from the time meeting up with the vampire lord to the present.

JToede

Post by JToede » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:58 am

I guess we'll have to wait another year to see, from what I've read, it'll be ready next fall.
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

jkwilliams

Post by jkwilliams » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:49 am

abner_mohl wrote:I think a better television treatment could have been on pay cable as an anthology series covering Eli's life over the past two hundred years from the time meeting up with the vampire lord to the present.
If this really becomes a series, they probably will have some flashbacks or episodes dealing with Eli's past.

I assumed the events in the first season would play out the way they did in the novel. But if they're only going with a pilot for now, how far into the story do you think they'll get?

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:07 am

Is all this happening because JAL accidently signed away all his rights when LMI was made?
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:46 pm

cmfireflies wrote:Is all this happening because JAL accidently signed away all his rights when LMI was made?
Looks like it.

They didn't even consult John, he was surprised to find out after the fact.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

abner_mohl

Post by abner_mohl » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:18 pm

Jameron wrote:
cmfireflies wrote:Is all this happening because JAL accidently signed away all his rights when LMI was made?
Looks like it.

They didn't even consult John, he was surprised to find out after the fact.

The devil responsible for this and LMI is Hammer Film head Simon Oaks, who is listed as one of the executive producers. I guess he controls all US and UK movie and television rights to LTROI through Hammer.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:36 pm

Whatever happened to that Dark Horse Comics series that was supposed to be done??

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”