News on casting and filming (updated)

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
Tom

News on casting and filming (updated)

Post by Tom » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:40 am

Looks like they are casting actors to shoot the pilot, can't wait! 8-)

https://twitter.com/CastingAbout/status ... 9604544513
SCHIFF/AUDINO is casting the TNT pilot LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, based on the vampire novel by John Ajvide Lindqvist. http://CastingAbout.com
Last edited by Tom on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Drakeule

Re: Casting News

Post by Drakeule » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:01 am

TnT? Thought it was A&E

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:49 am

To be honest, after the amazing first season of "Stranger Things", I'm just glad this wasn't cancelled. :) Hopefully the pilot will be good enough for the network to pick up for a full series. :D

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Tom wrote:Looks like they are casting actors to shoot the pilot, can't wait! 8-)

https://twitter.com/CastingAbout/status ... 9604544513
Not much info on the twitter site, about which I know nothing. Good sign: they got JAL's name right. Hey, it's a start! :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

jkwilliams

Post by jkwilliams » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:34 pm

I read they're also making a series based on The Lost Boys so it sounds like we might be in for a bunch of teen vampire shows.

I wish Netflix would start showing LTROI again. All this attention would bring in a lot of new fans.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:58 pm

jkwilliams wrote:I read they're also making a series based on The Lost Boys so it sounds like we might be in for a bunch of teen vampire shows.

I wish Netflix would start showing LTROI again. All this attention would bring in a lot of new fans.
Yeah. My better half overloaded the DVR while she was on vacation, and my prized ShowTime version dropped off. That left me with my Blu-ray and Netflix. Then Netflix dropped it. Good grief! Oh, and I still stream it from Amazon, which I watch on my PC or project it onto a screen at work.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:48 pm

I hope they get it right.Could be a disaster if they don't.
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

EEA

Post by EEA » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:43 pm

I think is going to depend on how they decide to adopt the story and the cast.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:04 am

ltroifanatic wrote:I hope they get it right.Could be a disaster if they don't.
The only thing we can be sure of is that it'll be different.

Slow, subtle, and dark will not get the viewing figures to keep the series airing on their own. I can see a fair bit of jeopardy to be injected into every episode, along with Eli being a girl so they can please the shippers, Oskar will remain mortal, both Eli and Oskar will be older.

None of that means it's going to be a disaster *crossed fingers emoji*, but it might easily be.

We'll see.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Jameron wrote:
ltroifanatic wrote:I hope they get it right.Could be a disaster if they don't.
The only thing we can be sure of is that it'll be different.

Slow, subtle, and dark will not get the viewing figures to keep the series airing on their own. I can see a fair bit of jeopardy to be injected into every episode, along with Eli being a girl so they can please the shippers, Oskar will remain mortal, both Eli and Oskar will be older.

None of that means it's going to be a disaster *crossed fingers emoji*, but it might easily be.

We'll see.

I agree with this. They are going to make it an "acceptable" love story by making them at least teenagers. And people will be more comfortable if Eli were a girl. But with Ametica today who knows? They might get sued by th he LGBT community for changing it.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”