News on casting and filming (updated)

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
gkmoberg1

Re: News on casting and filming (updated)

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:40 pm

I am going to try writing to the show and see if I get anything back.

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:59 am

This just in, Thomas Kretschmann and Benjamin Wadsworth just joined the cast as Inspector Eriksson and Henry.

Let the Right One In is an eerie drama that centers around Henry (Wadsworth), a shy and lonely 16 year-old boy, who lives with his mother, and faces constant bullying from a trio of older kids–an almost daily torture. Henry becomes intrigued by his new neighbor, a girl named Eli (Kristine Froseth), unaware that she is a vampire. Baffled by Eli’s unique powers, Henry is befriended by Eli, and although he does not realize it, he has acquired a powerful, dangerous, extremely deadly new ally, whose real age is unknown. Kretschmann will play Inspector Eriksson, a foreign police officer who partners up with the FBI, who’s been on the trail of Eli and her protector and enabler for a decade, and thinks they have killed over 100 victims. He has been a few steps behind his quarry all along, having followed the exsanguination murderers across Europe to North America. He knows their methods, but does not yet know their faces and names.
http://deadline.com/2016/10/let-the-rig ... 201836137/

Here's what we know so far,

Kristine Froseth as Eli
Benjamin Wadsworth as Henry
Dakota Guppy as Eli at 12 years old
Thomas Kretschmann as Inspector Eriksson
Tyler Posey as ?

Hassildor

Post by Hassildor » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:02 am

Tom wrote:Inspector Eriksson
What are the chances "Inspector" Eriksson's first name is Oskar? ;) Could the series take place decades after some alternate version of the book/film in which Eli and Oskar didn't end up together? It'd definitely explain why Eriksson isn't an American (I assume he'll be Swedish) and how he came to know about Eli in the first place. Probably too much of a reach, but that's what first came to mind when I heard about someone with the last name Eriksson trailing Eli across Europe.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:29 am

Hassildor wrote:
What are the chances "Inspector" Eriksson's first name is Oskar? ;) Could the series take place decades after some alternate version of the book/film in which Eli and Oskar didn't end up together? It'd definitely explain why Eriksson isn't an American (I assume he'll be Swedish) and how he came to know about Eli in the first place. Probably too much of a reach, but that's what first came to mind when I heard about someone with the last name Eriksson trailing Eli across Europe.
Imaginative and feasible!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:12 am

Is there any plot TV can't turn into a police procedural?

I think the best way to watch this is to forget it has any connection to LtROI at all.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:22 am

cmfireflies wrote:Is there any plot TV can't turn into a police procedural?

I think the best way to watch this is to forget it has any connection to LtROI at all.
Really. The only connection is a vampire named Eli.

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:47 am

Hassildor wrote:
Great find! That would be a awesome plot twist!

By the way, I found something interesting just now, in "Let The Right One In" novel, on page 185,
Part Three

SNOW, MELTING AGAINST SKIN

And after he had lain his hand on mine.
With joyful mien, whence I was comforted,
He led me in among the secret things.

—Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy,
Inferno, Canto III
[trans. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow]
In "Let The Right One In" TV show, we have actor Benjamin Wadsworth playing a main character name Henry. :ugeek:

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:26 am

Tom wrote:By the way, I found something interesting just now, in "Let The Right One In" novel, on page 185,
Part Three

SNOW, MELTING AGAINST SKIN

And after he had lain his hand on mine.
With joyful mien, whence I was comforted,
He led me in among the secret things.

—Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy,
Inferno, Canto III
[trans. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow]
In "Let The Right One In" TV show, we have actor Benjamin Wadsworth playing a main character name Henry. :ugeek:
:shock:

Your :ugeek: status is undeniable :D

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:24 am

Looks like some of the cast members has already landed in Vancouver, Canada. Filming begins in 5 days! Can't wait! 8-)

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 am

cmfireflies wrote:Is there any plot TV can't turn into a police procedural?

Well, if this is the case,
Kretschmann will play Inspector Eriksson, a foreign police officer who partners up with the FBI, who’s been on the trail of Eli and her protector and enabler for a decade, and thinks they have killed over 100 victims. He has been a few steps behind his quarry all along, having followed the exsanguination murderers across Europe to North America. He knows their methods, but does not yet know their faces and names.
then perhaps the police will provide some comedic relief, as they'll probably be like those bumbling fellows in some of the Hammer films from the 60's and 70s. ;)

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”