Let the Right One In TV Series Will Be “A Whole Lot Darker”

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
Nightrider

Let the Right One In TV Series Will Be “A Whole Lot Darker”

Post by Nightrider » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:37 pm

Here's a short article with a few possible clues regarding what the forthcoming LTROI series might be.
http://ihorror.com/let-the-right-one-in ... ot-darker/
August 20, 2015
We learned back in March that A&E is turning John Ajvide Lindqvist’s vampire book Let the Right One In into a TV series, which will be the third time the book has been adapted. First it became a Swedish horror film, released in 2008, and then it was remade for American audiences two years later – as Let Me In.
Teen Wolf showrunner Jeff Davis and actor-screenwriter Brandon Boyce are in charge of this one, and they’re currently scripting the pilot episode. In an interview on The Artist Alley Podcast, Davis talked about the challenges of expanding the book into an episodic TV series, revealing his plan of attack.
“The book has details in it, and a broader story [than the movies],” noted Davis. “The pilot will have elements from the book, but tell a new, different story. It will be, if the series goes forward, a whole lot darker. I never imagined myself doing a vampire show, actually, but something about this one kind of captured me. I don’t know how involved with the show I’ll be if it does move forward, but we’ll see.”
Let the Right One In follows a young boy and a female vampire who lives in secrecy with her mysterious guardian. When a series of strange murders pops up in their small Vermont town, it attracts the attention of a federal marshal with a mysterious past of his own.
The series is being produced via A+E Studios and Marty Adelstein’s and Becky Clements’ Tomorrow Studios. Davis, Boyce, Adelstein, Clements and Simon Oakes will exec produce. The property was optioned from Hammer Films Productions, which produced the 2010 English-language film adaptation.
"Let the Right One In follows a young boy and a female vampire who lives in secrecy with her mysterious guardian."

This sounds like Let Me In.
" The series is being produced via A+E Studios and Marty Adelstein’s and Becky Clements’ Tomorrow Studios. Davis, Boyce, Adelstein, Clements and Simon Oakes will exec produce. The property was optioned from Hammer Films Productions, which produced the 2010 English-language film adaptation."

I think that's pretty much sums it up.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

JToede

Re: Let the Right One In TV Series Will Be “A Whole Lot Dark

Post by JToede » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:50 pm

I will hold out and wait and see before I pass judgement, has there been any word on a release date or time line?
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

epicfan84

Post by epicfan84 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:22 am

JToede wrote:I will hold out and wait and see before I pass judgement, has there been any word on a release date or time line?
I'd like to know if there is a date as well... I'd assume it would either be a winter or summer series.
"Real love is to offer your life at the feet of another"

Mikallein

Post by Mikallein » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:00 am

I liked LMI so the fact that it will be closer to that does not scare me off.

As always I'm cautiously hopeful that it will be good. Fingers crossed. :?

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:16 am

I think it would be very strange to be JAL in these circumstances. I understand that he must have signed an agreement at some point that relinquished control over this sort of thing, but I can't imagine that there isn't a certain amount of apprehension.

intrige

Post by intrige » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:28 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote:I think it would be very strange to be JAL in these circumstances. I understand that he must have signed an agreement at some point that relinquished control over this sort of thing, but I can't imagine that there isn't a certain amount of apprehension.
I think he has stated somewhere that he was tricked, in a way, to sign a document he was not informed of was the right to the story, or something..
If only he could take part in these productions, than it I know they would turn out awesome. Instead we might get a LMI like extended story, plus the cop story, wohoo... :| :|

Eli is probably just gonna be a little girl as well, heck she might even be named Abby..
I didn't like LMI very much.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”