A&E Remaking 'Let the Right One In'

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
Nightrider

Re: A&E Remaking 'Let the Right One In'

Post by Nightrider » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:24 pm

PeteMork wrote:Maybe we should have a contest in which anyone interested writes down their top 5 predictions as to what is likely to happen in this new 'series.' i.e. age of actors, story lines, quality of dialog, demographic, etc. :twisted:

I'm not sure what the prize should be for whoever gets the most right. :think:
I'm down with that idea. I'm seeing a strong initial premiere, big numbers with eventual viewership drop off following weeks with cancellation mid season or after full season's run. Eventual DVD release will be available at $5.00 bins at Walmarts nationwide. It'll be a nice curio in my LTROI collection.
Let's just say I'll be surprised if the show lasts more than one season.

PS: Prize will be satisfaction in seeing yourself being right all along.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:41 pm

Nightrider wrote:I'm down with that idea. I'm seeing a strong initial premiere, big numbers with eventual viewership drop off following weeks with cancellation mid season or after full season's run. Eventual DVD release will be available at $5.00 bins at Walmarts nationwide. It'll be a nice curio in my LTROI collection.
Let's just say I'll be surprised if the show lasts more than one season.

PS: Prize will be satisfaction in seeing yourself being right all along.
No, I'm serious. Tell us what you really think. :lol: ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:10 pm

PeteMork wrote: No, I'm serious. Tell us what you really think. :lol: ;)
I always do... :)

http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

JToede

Post by JToede » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:22 pm

Nightrider wrote:

I died a little inside. :cry:
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

ElisLove

Post by ElisLove » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:55 pm

Nightrider wrote:

will be horrible if they that... I hope they do better than that ...

ElisLove

Post by ElisLove » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:00 am

Nightrider wrote:Unfortunately happy thoughts and good vibes will not change the fact that the people behind this project, responsible for some of the most unwatchable scripted television ever created. Number of quality TV programs produced in US can be barely counted on the fingers of both hands and until I am proven otherwise, I'll remain skeptical of this show's value and doubtful of the production team's intention to deliver a creation worthy of it's original source.
In the end it's completely irrelevant whether those who hesitant to beat the drum of celebration for this new TV monstrocity will watch A&E's take on LTROI. What's more important is the thought process behind the scenes. Are they going to try and make a good show or is it just another attempt to capture specific target audience and squeeze as much gold as they can out of currently hot property.
I'm not saying it can not be horrible.
but I think we should let them do. even if only for "squeeze out gold".
I think any production that comes from LTROI can bring something positive to us. even if it seems to be horrible.

jkwilliams

Post by jkwilliams » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:36 am

PeteMork wrote:Maybe we should have a contest in which anyone interested writes down their top 5 predictions as to what is likely to happen in this new 'series.' i.e. age of actors, story lines, quality of dialog, demographic, etc. :twisted:

I'm not sure what the prize should be for whoever gets the most right. :think:
1. Eli still won't be played by a boy. :evil:
2. It'll probably be set in the present day and both characters will be teenagers.
3. Zombie Håkan will happen because zombies are just too popular to pass that up.
4. They will run into other vampires during the series. (Perhaps even the "wig man" character.)
5. We'll find out the federal marshal was once in the same kind of situation Oskar is in now but chose to run away. Since then he's been obsessed with trying to find Eli again. :roll:

Suddenly not having basic cable doesn't feel so bad. :lol:

Sven_

Post by Sven_ » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:42 am

Nightrider wrote:

I haven't seen Teen Wolf the series -- the original movie for what it was was a fairly entertaining and silly 1980s Comedy benefitting of Michael J. Fox at his 1980s heights, which means I don't see the appeal of it being turned into an outright series much the same. But there is a prejudiced part inside of me insisting that this picture might sum up perfectly where they're trying to go with this. Whilst Alfredson's LTROI adaptation may be a uniquely filmed movie, to me it says a lot about current TV and movie programmes as well as viewing habits that it appears often lazily shoved under the "Arthouse" rug based on its pacing and comparably lack of action. Below the ambiguity of some parts of the adaptation, and the beautiful cinematography not obsessed with frantic cuts an iota, and the unique twists on vampire lore, lies a fairly straightforward and touching story about friendship, first love at its most innocent and the pains of being cast an outsider -- but one very very uniquely told. In a way, in tone it's probably not far off where say Sofia Coppola (The Virgin Suicides, Lost In Translation) would end up when making a vampire movie.

It's too early to tell. But indeed it's just that it would be so stubborn and a loss to take this very unique spin and turn it into just_another_teen_drama. Take all of the above away and turn it into Blackeberg Hills 90210, and... fy fan. This is nothing inherent to American television, as American television has produced brave series during the last couple of years. It's about the people who are actually working on it, the people they're going to target with this -- and the freedom they are either given by those backing them or aren't. [My copy of the novel has shipped and should arrive here today, looking forward to read it; considering my scarily advancing age I'm really late to this show :oops: ].

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:26 pm

Let the fan casting begin,

Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) / Billy Bob Thornton (Fargo) / Kevin Spacey (House of Cards) as Hakan. :)

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:23 pm

StrayAway wrote:Okay. Now we've got the soothing balm of Siv. Whew. You know, Nightrider's just wandering around repeating something about it's all just a horrible dream, maybe, and he's got a couple other people doing it, so that's getting a little scary, and he's supposed to be a moderator, which explains why we have four or five of them, I reckon, and Gracie's sitting at the front door with a rope and a gas can and directions to A&E's headquarters stuck under her collar, I guess she printed off Yahoo Maps, and Don Gregg charged me 7 dollars for a little paper Dixie Cup of grape Kool-Aid, but it was supposed to be cherry, so he took it away from me, poured half of it out and wrote cHEery on it and told me to take my little ass somewhere and drink it and be glad I got it because little Alabama children didn't even have cups and didn't deserve them. I hope somebody brings some pot in here or something soon. I'm getting back in the bath tub.
I direct your attention to forum rule #4:
This is a community, so debating and discussion is to be expected (and appreciated) but we hold a zero tolerance policy for insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
It is difficult to see how the passage highlighted in the quote above is anything but a personal attack. Such polemic directed at any user here is unwarranted. Directing it at a moderator is downright ungrateful. All of the moderators here donate their time to keep this place from descending into the middleschool locker room that is the rest of the internet. You may openly disagree with anyone here. You may personally attack noone. Moderators receive no special protection here, but to attack one seems to display either a colossal lack of judgment or the desire to provoke. To my recollection, there have been only three real forum users who have been banned. The last one was banned for bating the moderators.

I direct your attention to forum rule #3:
Trolling is permitted so long as it spawns interesting or amusing discussion. Artless trolling will earn you attention that you don't want.
This community does a very good job of policing itself. For that small fraction that cannot, I favor quick solutions.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”