Nightrider

A&E Remaking 'Let the Right One In'

Post by Nightrider » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:34 pm

A&E Remaking Swedish Vampire Drama 'Let the Right One In'

Read it here...http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... e-a-782087

Maybe it's an early April Fools joke?
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

abner_mohl

Re: A&E Remaking 'Let the Right One In'

Post by abner_mohl » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:48 pm

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Okay, this has my attention. The article is dated at 9:00 today. It doesn't mention Cloverfield. It's to be set in Vermont.

Now, the only thing that rings ABSOLUTELY FALSE is that it doesn't mention that there has already been a remake -- Let Me In,

??? :think:

Correction: The article mentions LMI. :oops:
Last edited by dongregg on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Honestly I'm a little optimistic.

A.) Bates Motel is VERY good and I don't think anyone expected that of a show based off Psycho. Plus the level of disturbing sexual content/implications in that show has me hopeful that A&E might address stuff like Hakan's pedophilia.

B.) It being a long-form story (at least) indicates that this won't be a hack copy/paste job like Let Me In was. I'm all for exploring LTROI in a new medium.
No banaaaanas?

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:12 pm

CyberGhostface wrote:Honestly I'm a little optimistic.

A.) Bates Motel is VERY good and I don't think anyone expected that of a show based off Psycho. Plus the level of disturbing sexual content/implications in that show has me hopeful that A&E might address stuff like Hakan's pedophilia.

B.) It being a long-form story (at least) indicates that this won't be a hack copy/paste job like Let Me In was. I'm all for exploring LTROI in a new medium.
Okay, now I'm hopeful, too. I reread the article and see that it does mention Let Me In.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

seigezunt

Post by seigezunt » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:13 pm

I am literally feeling nauseated at this news. I can only imagine that it will make Let Me In feel faithful in comparison.

Are there really no new ideas in the US?
"She can fly, she has amazing and horrifying powers, she isn’t exactly a boy or a girl, she can’t come inside unless she’s invited ... and she loves him. That’s enough."

--Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com

My LTROI Pinterest Board

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:20 pm

Considering that for the last decade TV programming was vacuous, insipid and just absurd, I won't hold my breath expecting this new mutation to have any shred of dignity or common sense. Kill it...Kill it quick before it escapes and besmirches the name of the novel which brought me here.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

danielma

Post by danielma » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:26 pm

Hmmmmmmmm....If it had been HBO than I would have been more optimistic.

I don't know, I don't want to be the pessimistic guy, but being overseen by one who worked on "Teen Wolf" just makes me worry about what the hell they're planning to do with this.

I think the idea of seeing LTROI as a TV mini series could have a lot of potential given the right people involved. That book could very easy lend itself to a serial drama, but the talent involved leaves me fearing the worst.

Still, don't want to be that pessimistic guy, so hopefully it turns out okay (if it goes through), but I can't say I'm overjoyed at the prospect.
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:35 pm

seigezunt wrote:I am literally feeling nauseated at this news. I can only imagine that it will make Let Me In feel faithful in comparison.
I think I'm provisionally excited just because of the possibility that the story could get out there. Regardless of LTROI being a masterpiece, it will never be regarded as a classic -- just a "cult" film -- if it doesn't achieve name recognition. That means much bigger numbers. You know that the stage adaptations seen in a lot of different countries helps. Let Me In also introduced another one or two million viewers to the story.

Don't get me wrong -- I don't have any interest in millions of people finding and liking our film, but I'm very sure that there are another 800 or 900 amongst the millions who would be knocked out by it, as we were.

Hey, I never give up. In spite of my lack of success, I'm going to keep rooting for more people to see our film. And then see what happens (if anything).

Of course, an A&E series could also be the complete debacle that some people think LMI is. Sigh. Promoting LTROI is a lonely and thankless task.

StrayAway

Post by StrayAway » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:35 pm

Well, we're boned.
"I am afraid of clowns. I hate their empty eyes and fake smiles." - (Lina Leandersson, Little White Lies interview)

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”