A&E Remaking 'Let the Right One In'

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
Wolfchild

Re: A&E Remaking 'Let the Right One In'

Post by Wolfchild » Sat May 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Nightrider wrote:I love it when they use my images..... :D
And without attribution. :x
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:22 am

I wonder whether they will base parts of the production in a small Vermont town. Or whether they will simply film the entire thing on a Hollywood sound stage.

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:20 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:I wonder whether they will base parts of the production in a small Vermont town. Or whether they will simply film the entire thing on a Hollywood sound stage.
I was thinking they would probably shoot in some other small town, in Canada let's say, and then add a few exterior shots for local color. The old Newhart sitcom was done the way you describe with a couple of shots from Middlebury Vt.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:34 pm

My exact worry. Only because if they were to film, say, any given episode's outdoor establishing shots around a known village, they might need some extras on the set. And if this film site was not too far up into Vermont, whose to say a couple of those extras might accidentally be wearing matching t-shirts that say 'Infected' or 'Team Eli' across the back? :shock:

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:25 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:My exact worry. Only because if they were to film, say, any given episode's outdoor establishing shots around a known village, they might need some extras on the set. And if this film site was not too far up into Vermont, whose to say a couple of those extras might accidentally be wearing matching t-shirts that say 'Infected' or 'Team Eli' across the back? :shock:
Yup. There is a chance to become part of TV history. Sort of like somebody waving to the SS Minnow as it leaves the dock.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

seigezunt

Post by seigezunt » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:02 pm

Now that I've seen Let Me In, I think I can be more forgiving about this new production.

There's no way they will be able to achieve what LTROI acheived. And it's not likely it will resemble the book or the play. It will, like LMI, "miss the point" somewhere.

So it will be another envisioning of "our" Eli and Oskar. It will not be as good. It may be awful in parts. But I retain some hope that, barring that it bares no resemblance other than in name only (and that doesn't seem to be the case from the press accounts so far), it will have some of LTROI's spirit somewhere.

Cautiously optimistic by choice.
"She can fly, she has amazing and horrifying powers, she isn’t exactly a boy or a girl, she can’t come inside unless she’s invited ... and she loves him. That’s enough."

--Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com

My LTROI Pinterest Board

epicfan84

Post by epicfan84 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:40 am

seigezunt wrote:Now that I've seen Let Me In, I think I can be more forgiving about this new production.

There's no way they will be able to achieve what LTROI acheived. And it's not likely it will resemble the book or the play. It will, like LMI, "miss the point" somewhere.

So it will be another envisioning of "our" Eli and Oskar. It will not be as good. It may be awful in parts. But I retain some hope that, barring that it bares no resemblance other than in name only (and that doesn't seem to be the case from the press accounts so far), it will have some of LTROI's spirit somewhere.

Cautiously optimistic by choice.
I agree with this 100%. I mustered up the strength to watch LMI the other day... I hadn't ever seen it for fear that it would disappoint me... It did... They really tried to make it about the horror when that's not what the story is about. Yeah, there are some chilling parts of the story but it's not all about the gore and and blood... That's why LMI missed the point. I have a feeling the show will do the same thing. This is why I'm afraid that the show will change the universe a little too much. However, hopefully the show will help grow the community which is good for all of us.
"Real love is to offer your life at the feet of another"

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:42 am

epicfan84 wrote:I agree with this 100%. I mustered up the strength to watch LMI the other day... I hadn't ever seen it for fear that it would disappoint me... It did... They really tried to make it about the horror when that's not what the story is about. Yeah, there are some chilling parts of the story but it's not all about the gore and and blood... That's why LMI missed the point. I have a feeling the show will do the same thing. This is why I'm afraid that the show will change the universe a little too much. However, hopefully the show will help grow the community which is good for all of us.
Well put! LMI brought a wave of new people to the site. I'm sure that, no matter how disappointing this series may be (and I still hold out hope) it will probably do the same.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:17 am

PeteMork wrote:
epicfan84 wrote:I agree with this 100%. I mustered up the strength to watch LMI the other day... I hadn't ever seen it for fear that it would disappoint me... It did... They really tried to make it about the horror when that's not what the story is about. Yeah, there are some chilling parts of the story but it's not all about the gore and and blood... That's why LMI missed the point. I have a feeling the show will do the same thing. This is why I'm afraid that the show will change the universe a little too much. However, hopefully the show will help grow the community which is good for all of us.
Well put! LMI brought a wave of new people to the site. I'm sure that, no matter how disappointing this series may be (and I still hold out hope) it will probably do the same.
But... but... but... love IS horror!
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

epicfan84

Post by epicfan84 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:39 am

sauvin wrote:
PeteMork wrote:
But... but... but... love IS horror!
That's only in real life, sauvin ;)
"Real love is to offer your life at the feet of another"

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”