Do you see the show being renewed?

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
CyberGhostface

Do you see the show being renewed?

Post by CyberGhostface » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:04 am

Assuming it’s not meant to be a miniseries, of course. (Although with only four episodes left and the next one being a flashback there’s a lot to wrap up.)

I just really haven’t seen much to indicate people watching it. There’s no traction on any of the horror sites and no one’s really discussing it on twitter.

Admittedly I don’t have any viewership data… I stuck with Ray Donovan on Showtime for example and that show seemed to exist in its own bubble with little fanfare.
No banaaaanas?

Siggdalos

Re: Do you see the show being renewed?

Post by Siggdalos » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:08 pm

I don't think I can give an informed answer to this question, since I don't use social media for the most part, and American TV and contemporary horror aren't things I keep up with. That said, my (very limited) impression is that there wasn't a lot of anticipation for the show before it came out. When the two trailers came out I skimmed through the YouTube comments (which, as we all know, are always a perfectly accurate representation of how the finished product will be received :roll:) and, with some exceptions, most of them seemed to be negative, skeptical, or expressing a "How many times are they going to remake this?"-fatigue.

Personally, I'm kind of hoping they don't, since I feel that continuing the story past this one season would probably only mean straying even further from the source material, and I don't think the new elements they've added are interesting or well-written enough to stand on their own. Hopefully season 1 is written to be somewhat self-contained and doesn't end on too much of a cliffhanger.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”