More Details from Collider

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
PeteMork

More Details from Collider

Post by PeteMork » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:59 pm

Here the latest, including release date and more detailed background info.
https://collider.com/let-the-right-one- ... ow-so-far/
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

CyberGhostface

Re: More Details from Collider

Post by CyberGhostface » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:58 pm

When the English-language adaptation came out in 2010, the creators considered the original title too long and wanted to change it to “Let Her In.” This stems from the old vampire folklore that vampires cannot enter a home without first being invited inside.

Lindqvist stepped in and suggested they go with Let Me In instead because his story is more about building trust in relationships.
I can think of one other big reason why he thought "Let Her In" wouldn't work. ;)
No banaaaanas?

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:26 pm

CyberGhostface wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:58 pm
When the English-language adaptation came out in 2010, the creators considered the original title too long and wanted to change it to “Let Her In.” This stems from the old vampire folklore that vampires cannot enter a home without first being invited inside.

Lindqvist stepped in and suggested they go with Let Me In instead because his story is more about building trust in relationships.
I can think of one other big reason why he thought "Let Her In" wouldn't work. ;)
Yes, that's very true, lol.
"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:10 am

If that's about what I think it's about, bear in mind that Americans aren't generally avid readers and may not even be aware of the novel's existence. In this derivative but otherwise self-contained rendition, Abby never left anything in the subway, never dropped a towel "just so you'll know" and never kidded Owen about being so slow to solve a Rubik's Cube.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:54 pm

Some confusion on my part but I misread the article as I felt they were talking about the novel. However the author is wrong in that “Let Her In” was only ever suggested as a title for the novel, not the film. The American film was always “Let Me In”.
Northlander: Yeah. It's still there in the American novel, and the film's title, but in the UK the book is called LET ME IN.

JAL: That's the American.

The Northlander: That's the American?

JAL: Yeah. They thought it was too long. They thought my name was too long well, they asked if I could change that too. But I wouldn't agree to that (laughs). Their suggestion, their original suggestion for the title was LET HER IN. (nods ironically) Yeah... so I wonder if they had read the book before they suggested that. But then I suggested LET ME IN instead and then they thought that was fine.
http://legacy.aintitcool.com/node/38839

(Warning: the formatting on it is screwed up)
No banaaaanas?

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”