Promo Stills and Storyboard

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
Tom

Promo Stills and Storyboard

Post by Tom » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:44 am

dongregg

Re: Promo Stills and Storyboard

Post by dongregg » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:30 am

Lucky you! Thanks for sharing this trove with us!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:06 pm

Nice.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:25 pm

I mean, the ideas in the storryboards are not so bad actually. Buuuut I still really don't like that the characters are 16, that Eli is clearly a girl, and a blonde with that. Oh well. :roll:
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:07 pm

intrige wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:25 pm
I mean, the ideas in the storryboards are not so bad actually. Buuuut I still really don't like that the characters are 16, that Eli is clearly a girl, and a blonde with that. Oh well. :roll:
I didn't much care for the idea of a high school Eli, either. Being "clearly a girl" didn't cross my eyes none (so is Abby) or blonde (lots of Swedes are blonde!), but being well into the age of backseat scrimmaging upsets some of the ambiguous chemistry we saw in the movie.

Another few things that'd pretty much have to change, too. She can't say "I'm twelve, more or less", and I'm having a great deal of trouble imagining the same kind of balance being struck in the bedroom scene. In the movie, it's easy to believe it was just a couple of buddies sharing a blanket because one of them was hurting, and it's not so hard to believe Eli might have mistaken what "going steady" means. At sixteen, when she drops her duds and climbs in, about 99.99% of everybody over the age of twelve is sure to expect things to go sideways, pear-shaped and south in about a minute and a half flat.

I'm not saying the TV series wouldn't be good. I think it was supposed to be "darker" than our favourite movie, and that's certainly possible, and who knows what other kinds of dimensions of the vampiric metaphor might have been explored? I'm just saying it wouldn't be the LTROI that we know.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”