LTROI - Phoenix Creative Collective (Merced, CA) - Oct 2019

For discussion of live productions of Let The Right One In
snackdog1

Re: LTROI - Phoenix Creative Collective (Merced, CA) - Oct 2019

Post by snackdog1 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:44 am

PeteMork - Thank you for the awesome review and thank you for coming all the way to Merced. I hope you weren't put off by the big dirt pile in front of our venue. Sorry I missed seeing you. You probably saw me. I was the one, running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Did you get a look at Oskar's shirt in the last scene? My son hand painted a desk on fire on Oskar's shirt. There were a few other easter eggs as well.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:52 am

snackdog1 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:44 am
PeteMork - Thank you for the awesome review and thank you for coming all the way to Merced. I hope you weren't put off by the big dirt pile in front of our venue. Sorry I missed seeing you. You probably saw me. I was the one, running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Did you get a look at Oskar's shirt in the last scene? My son hand painted a desk on fire on Oskar's shirt. There were a few other easter eggs as well.
Easter Eggs too? That's the frosting on the cake. No, I only remember a reddish logo of some sort and I was only a few feet away from the scene, but my daughter should have caught that one, being a part of the 'easter egg' generation. :D You should give out a prize of some sort for anyone who can find them all. Almost makes me want to come back for another showing. ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

snackdog1

Post by snackdog1 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:32 pm

Please come back as my guest. Just let me know when and I will arrange for your tickets. The cast and crew would love to meet you.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:46 pm

Gyah. Now I'm really, really jealous.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:27 am

We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:40 pm

I tried hard, but there was no way I could make it to a later performance. :( There is at least one other who lives in the area (I'm talking to you, Wolfchild. ;) ) whom I strongly encourage to go. Believe me, it is definitely worth the drive!

A few shots from our trip:

Out Front:

To the right, off camera, there was a huge pile of dirt which encroached slightly on sidewalk, and several holes. They don't mess around with their roadwork in Merced. ;)

Now showing, and things to come:

Front of stage:
The nearest prop was at different times, Oskar's bed, the kiosk, the sandbox where bullies made Oskar eat sand, and the hospital bed.
In the background is the jungle gym, which was also the frozen lake where Oskar hit bully, and the swimming pool; all quite believable and understandable with the aid of imaginative lighting, actor choreography, and sound effects.
I was quite impressed when, in the scene where Oskar is stabbing tree, Eli actually jumps off the jungle gym from the second rung from top (just below the handle). And lands gracefully. :o Now that's putting yourself into the roll.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Great photos on their Facebook page. You can view them here:

https://www.facebook.com/phoenixccmerce ... =3&theater

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:14 pm

PeteMork wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:40 pm
I tried hard, but there was no way I could make it to a later performance. :( There is at least one other who lives in the area (I'm talking to you, Wolfchild. ;) ) whom I strongly encourage to go. Believe me, it is definitely worth the drive!
Sorry. I went to Fresno last Friday for the matinee. If it were running in November I'd have been tempted to trek to Merced as well. Hopefully more productions will be popping up around here. I'm surprised that the subject matter and the room for topical metacontent has not made it a more popular play already.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:56 pm

Wolfchild wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:14 pm
PeteMork wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:40 pm
Sorry. I went to Fresno last Friday for the matinee. If it were running in November I'd have been tempted to trek to Merced as well. Hopefully more productions will be popping up around here. I'm surprised that the subject matter and the room for topical metacontent has not made it a more popular play already.
Great! Let us all know how it was.
I'm surprised that with all the theaters around here, no one has done it yet. :think:

Return to “Let The Right One In (Play)”