Property Design - Natalie Ward
Fight Choreography - Alex Kass
Stage Manager - Amanda Keegan
Special Effects - Mary Townsend

dongregg

Re: LTROI - Stray Cat Theatre (Tempe, AZ) - April/May 2019

Post by dongregg » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:57 am

Good review. Thanks, GK.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:28 am

After reading this, I am very curious about how they are staging LTROI !! But I am many time zones away.

Curtain Up Pheonix
TERRIFYING “LET THE RIGHT ONE IN” IS NOT AN EASY PLAY TO ACCEPT [21-04-2019] by Chris Curcio
Chris Curcio wrote:Brittney Watson is masterful as Eli starting out as a regular appearing girl next door type but artfully evolving into a maniacal and debouched psycho. That she can so craftily draw Oskar to her and her bizarre thinking is a testament to her fine performance. Nathaniel Smith, a last-minute replacement in the pivotal role of Oskar, is also perfection as a regular appearing guy who is taken with Eli’s bizarre reflections of normal. The rest of the large ensemble essays their roles with clear distinctions and you see and understand the thinking and persuasions of each player.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:58 am

I posted:
As a member of a fan forum about all things LTROI (We, the Infected), I have taken every opportunity to see the play--first when it played in Brooklyn for its first American staging; later when it played in Austin. It was staged so similarly that I yearn to see the Tempe staging. Curcio’s review suggests that the troupe is putting great effort into getting the nuances right. That’s where any real horror lives, not in the gore, but in the motivation of the two kids and their unsuitability as candidates for any kind of relationship. As for the vicious bullies, I would say--If you’re going to bully some kid, check first as to whether his girlfriend is a vampire.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri May 03, 2019 3:43 am

One last round of best wishes for the troop: cast & crew. Final showing already - May 3rd and 4th. Seems like it was a good run - Congrats!

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun May 05, 2019 7:28 pm

A quick, good review. Provides insight into the production and, particularly, insight into the last minute replacement of a principal actor--script in hand and doing a great job as Oskar.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun May 05, 2019 7:30 pm

dongregg wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:28 pm
A quick, good review. Provides insight into the production and, particularly, insight into the last minute replacement of a principal actor--script in hand and doing a great job as Oskar.
And I suppose we'll never know why the replacement was necessary. I hope it wasn't because of a serious illness or injury.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:11 am

Yes, hopefully everyone is well. Sounds like it was handled appropriately and politely by the group.

I'm going to go see what pics for the show they might put on their FB page...

... okay, not so much there at present. But their twitter account has several pics

Return to “Let The Right One In (Play)”