Let The Right One In - Houston, Texas - October 2018

For discussion of live productions of Let The Right One In
Xandriaale

Let The Right One In - Houston, Texas - October 2018

Post by Xandriaale » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Lone Star College North Harris in Houston, Texas is putting up a production of Let The Right One In. It's running October 16th through October 21st, 2018. If anyone in the Houston area would like to come see it, they can find more information at http://www.lonestar.edu/drama-dept-nharris.htm

I know the cast, and know that they have worked extremely hard to bring this story to life on stage!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

gkmoberg1

Re: Let The Right One In - Houston, Texas - October 2018

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:02 pm

Bravo to you and the group, Xandriaale! Plus welcome to the forum! Plus, thank you for poking in here and us letting know! ... okay, with all those exclamations as an intro (But go ahead and read it again, I'll wait. Okay, okay, one more time. Waiting... Good) ... this is really great news. Yup, we have members in your area. As well, we'd love to learn as much as you, as well as anyone there, would like to post and discuss here on how the product came to be, how the orchestration comes together (tryouts, staging, lights, props, costumes, promotion), how it goes with the performances and all the millions of little steps it takes to put on a show - nonetheless our favorite play. :wub:

In short: don't be shy.

And welcome! (oh, said that already, but yeh)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Some snooping around shows the Drama Department of Lone Star College - North Harris is presenting LTROI this evening (Tues 10/16) plus the additional evenings thru Saturday (inclusive) plus a 2pm matinee on Sunday 10/21.

Lone Star College - North Harris is in the northern reaches of Houston, Texas.

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:21 am

That's a nice trailer. Who made it? The alternating pale and dark backgrounds is a good visual concept that resonates with this story.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:29 am

Xandriaale wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:57 pm
Lone Star College North Harris in Houston, Texas is putting up a production of Let The Right One In. It's running October 16th through October 21st, 2018. If anyone in the Houston area would like to come see it, they can find more information at http://www.lonestar.edu/drama-dept-nharris.htm

I know the cast, and know that they have worked extremely hard to bring this story to life on stage!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Welcome to the forum, Xandriaale, and good spotting! PeteMork, Nightrider, and I saw it in Austin. Two us, along with two members who live in NY/NJ, also saw the first US showing in Brooklyn. I'll probably see it again if it comes close to Atlanta. :)

How cool that you know the cast and are closely observing what it takes to put such a production together.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Wolfchild wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:21 am
That's a nice trailer. Who made it? The alternating pale and dark backgrounds is a good visual concept that resonates with this story
Looks to be built strongly off the video produced for the London presentation several years back ~ 18 okt 2013

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:36 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:37 pm
Wolfchild wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:21 am
That's a nice trailer. Who made it? The alternating pale and dark backgrounds is a good visual concept that resonates with this story
Looks to be built strongly off the video produced for the London presentation several years back ~ 18 okt 2013
I thought it seemed familiar, but I was thinking it was a trailer from the St. Ann’s show in NY. I went and looked through their videos and didn’t find it, so I convinced myself it must be original. :oops:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Play)”