LetTheRightOneIn - Dublin Ireland!

For discussion of live productions of Let The Right One In
gkmoberg1

LetTheRightOneIn - Dublin Ireland!

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:46 am

Abbey Theatre in Dublin City, Ireland, will host National Theatre of Scotland's stage production this November '17 thru January '18!

Info at https://www.abbeytheatre.ie/whats_on/ev ... ht-one-in/

LTROI will run on the Abbey stage from 20 November thru to 6 January 2018, with a preview on 20 November.

dongregg

Re: LetTheRightOneIn - Dublin Ireland!

Post by dongregg » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:12 am

Well, GK, I saw it in Brooklyn and in Austin. Nightrider was at both performances, but he saw it twice in Austin and, I think, planned to see it at another location.

Dublin would be a stretch!

It would be neat if it ever runs in Spain. Oskar and Eli could see it.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:37 pm

Dear dongregg,
Please find enclosed my cashier's check for $2,000 which you are to use for obtaining transport to and from Dublin, for finding a place to stay during your journey, and for securing food and nourishment along the way. All I ask in return is but a brief report of your adventures, a few words on the show itself, and copies of any pictures you take regarding all this. If you need a traveling companion during this time, please contact any of the group and we'll see if there are any whom can help out. I wish you the best; please stay inside at night unless in solid possession of a Rubik's Cube; beware urchins who come around at night knocking on windows of your 3rd floor guess room.

Sincerely yours, and awaiting news of your trip,
GK

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:06 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:Dear dongregg,
Please find enclosed my cashier's check for $2,000 which you are to use for obtaining transport to and from Dublin, for finding a place to stay during your journey, and for securing food and nourishment along the way. All I ask in return is but a brief report of your adventures, a few words on the show itself, and copies of any pictures you take regarding all this. If you need a traveling companion during this time, please contact any of the group and we'll see if there are any whom can help out. I wish you the best; please stay inside at night unless in solid possession of a Rubik's Cube; beware urchins who come around at night knocking on windows of your 3rd floor guess room.

Sincerely yours, and awaiting news of your trip,GK
Thanks for he cashier's check! Sorry I couldn't apply to the trip to Dublin. I had to give the whole wad to a rogue worker at my local blood bank.

You see, my dear friend, because I'm not so young anymore, I had to slip out to the gents at some point during the Brooklyn performance of the play. Imaging my surprise when a pale young girl followed me into the restroom. She immediately calmed my racing heart by saying she did not plan to nom me. Rather, she said, she enjoys reading my stories on the forum because she is "seen with love," and she hastened to inform me that she and Oskar are not really that nice, not even to each other, but they've managed to stay together, living comfortably above their portrait studio in the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona.

In return for my saccharin portrayal of her, I asked for a favor.

I appreciate no longer having to excuse myself at inopportune times, such as while I'm teaching, to run down the hall to relieve myself, although the school finds it inconvenient that I can only teach courses scheduled for after sundown.

It is not a problem this early in the game, but I hate it that my friends on the forum will continue to grow older.

Um, do you think you might visit Atlanta sometime?
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:17 am

Good Sir,
Nothing would please me more than coming to visit. Together we could take in an afternoon together at a Braves game at Atlanta's baseball stadium - you need to get your Vitamin D just as we all do. And a stroll through Buckhead would nice, ahead of the game, with perhaps lunch out along the street at one of the many open seating restaurants. Ah, it'll be a grand time.
Yours truly,
GK

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:30 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:Good Sir,
Nothing would please me more than coming to visit. Together we could take in an afternoon together at a Braves game at Atlanta's baseball stadium - you need to get your Vitamin D just as we all do. And a stroll through Buckhead would nice, ahead of the game, with perhaps lunch out along the street at one of the many open seating restaurants. Ah, it'll be a grand time.
Yours truly,
GK
Sure! Could you make it a night flight? :twisted:

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:48 am

Who knows?..Maybe with the kids and/or Dongregg's help we can be a gang.Like "Lost Boys".Of course we would have to change the title.Maybe "Confused Men".?..lol..If the play comes to Australia you all are invited to stay.Best to you all..Geoff
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:31 pm

Maybe we can propose future sites for the play's tour. Malmö would be the top of my list. dongregg, you could give us a tour based around the progression of your adventures withe E&O. And we have at least one member in the area - who might be enticed to join us (during daylight hours).

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:43 pm

ltroifanatic wrote:Who knows?..Maybe with the kids and/or Dongregg's help we can be a gang.Like "Lost Boys".Of course we would have to change the title.Maybe "Confused Men".?..lol..If the play comes to Australia you all are invited to stay.Best to you all..Geoff
Sydney? Perth? What do you suggest?

The kids might like to check out Tasmania. The lil creatures of the island's forests are quite active at night, if I recall their nature correctly. Ever been there?

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:54 am

(yes, there's no sound)

We could get free admission!
  • @dongregg, umm, you still got that $2,000? so, ahh, maybe I was a bit hasty with that...

Return to “Let The Right One In (Play)”