A few questions with Bahar Pars.

For discussion of live productions of Let The Right One In
Nightrider

A few questions with Bahar Pars.

Post by Nightrider » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:03 pm

In March 2011 third production of "Let The Right One In" based
on the novel of John Ajvide Lindqvist premiered on the stage of Sweden's Uppsala City Theatre.
Young actress named Bahar Pars was chosen to play the role of Elias.
Ever since then I wanted to conduct a short interview with her, but it was not to be. Due to many different circumstances I was not able to contact Mrs. Pars....that is until now.
Recently Bahar was kind enough to take some time from her busy schedule to answer a few questions.

We, The Infected: Bahar Pars....Welcome to We, The Infected. It's great to finally speak with you!
Better late then never.

Bahar Pars: Absolutely!

WTI: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself.

BP: I'm an actress living in Sweden. I'm originally from Iran and I live in Stockholm with my family.

WTI: How did you get into acting?

BP: It's a pretty short story. I never really enjoyed going to classes, but in high school I discovered that I can choose theater as
my major and it was a love story between me and acting ever since. I knew I found my true calling.

WTI: When did you first hear about "Let The Right One In" production?

BP: I first heard about it from director of Uppsala City Theater Linus Tunström.

WTI:. Did you read John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel or watched the movie
to prepare for the role?

BP: Yes of course...Both of them.

WTI: Did you and Elisabeth Wernesjö(who played Oskar) do anything special
to get into your characters?

BP: Yes, we were trying to lose weight so that our bodies would look androgynous, but after three weeks of rehearsals
I got pregnant with a little girl....so you can imagine that after five weeks of being on stage I was a little bit round.
I wanted to do some fast physical moves and jumps, but I couldn't since I was sick all the time. In the end It turned out to be
good for the character of Eli. Every time I was ill, it's as if I went to another place. My concentration was doubled which
was good for the role.

WTI: What was audience response to the first few shows?

BP: It was something like I have not experienced in my eight years as an actress. There was a very special connection
between cast and the audience. One night this guy fainted...We did use a lot of blood on the stage. Otherwise, the
atmosphere was magical and very authentic.
At one point John Ajvide Lindqvist came to see the play....You can imagine , we were very nervous...but in the end
he said that he loved it.

WTI: What are you working on right now?

BP: Right now I'm touring with my film “A Man Called Ove”. It's a big success in Sweden. Hope you'll be able to see it in USA soon.
I also plan to direct a film which I'm currently writing. It's about a runaway boy who is really a girl.

Thank you Bahar. Good luck to you from We, The Infected.

Vitaly (Nightrider)
If I learned only one thing from this event is that one should never give up... Never.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Jameron

Re: A few questions with Bahar Pars.

Post by Jameron » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:42 pm

Cool.

Well done, Vitaly.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:10 pm

Good job. I'm glad to hear she read the book and saw the film. That means she probably pronounced "Eli" correctly. That did bother me just a bit in the NTS production.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:56 am

Thanks for sharing this. I'd think I would be nervous, too, if JAL were watching! :lol:

Return to “Let The Right One In (Play)”