LET THE RIGHT ONE IN on NEW YORK STAGE!

For discussion of live productions of Let The Right One In
Nightrider

Re: LET THE RIGHT ONE IN on NEW YORK STAGE!

Post by Nightrider » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:26 am

Excellent! We're also in front row A, seats 108 &109. I'd stay with your mother-in-law if i were you. Cheaper that way...plus I'm sure she'll feed you. We'll be using public transport as well. Wish I could bring my truck...I haven't been on a train or a bus in over twenty years.
That Lake Hakone story sounds interesting. You'll have to tell it to me one of these days. 8-)
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

gymmy64

Post by gymmy64 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:28 am

There isn't lodging I would call close to the venue, so if I were you I'd just take the 'A' train to the JFK Station and ride the Air Train to JFK. Depending on when your flight departs, it may not even be worth getting a hotel, so your idea of sleeping in the airport is probably a good alternative. If you do get a hotel, at least the prices will be reasonable...Sunday nights are generally much, much cheaper than the rest of the week. For best value, though, nothing beats that coach. ;)

abner_mohl

Post by abner_mohl » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:06 am

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

abner_mohl

Post by abner_mohl » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:33 am

Looks like our chances of getting snow in time for the show will be better than usual. It is snowing here tonight in NJ, just flurries, which is unusually early for this time of year.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:01 am

gymmy64 wrote:There isn't lodging I would call close to the venue, so if I were you I'd just take the 'A' train to the JFK Station and ride the Air Train to JFK. Depending on when your flight departs, it may not even be worth getting a hotel, so your idea of sleeping in the airport is probably a good alternative. If you do get a hotel, at least the prices will be reasonable...Sunday nights are generally much, much cheaper than the rest of the week. For best value, though, nothing beats that coach. ;)
Thanks, gymmy64.

I'm so concerned about late night public trans that I found a hotel about 2 1/2 miles from the theater. The Union Hotel at 611 Degraw. Not highly rated. Noisy. A box for a room. But cheap and not too far out of the area. So, no couch and no all-nighter. The available flights preclude staying up all night in the terminal. So...have ticket to the show, have a room, but have yet to book a flight or figure out surface trans. There's time for the latter. To take trains late at night to my mother-in-laws is daunting. And inasmuch as she lives in the delicious Upper East Side, I'd want to stay with her for a few days, but February isn't conducive to strolling "up and down Park Avenue," as the song goes.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:14 am

I put this on the St Ann's site as a comment: "Print it, cut it out, add straight pin, wear it to the show."

“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

abner_mohl

Post by abner_mohl » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:12 am

Being that I live 35 miles from the city, I will be on the lookout for any behind the scenes programs or ads about the play on local television, and if it's not available online will try to record it.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Well N(ot) R(eally), only you can delete those posts to get back to 1111. You're at 1113. For one blessed moment, we were both at 1111. Oh well.

Er, 1111 comes to 4. It is represented by Saturn (as am I)--solid, creates scaffolding, works within parameters. I accept it, but other numbers have worked better for me. 1113 comes to 3 + 3 = 6, which is represented by Venus--beauty, harmony. Six comes up most frequently in my life, and I am glad. It frequently accompanies a break from the norm, which for me means a break from taking life and work way too seriously. A lovely lady who seemed to personify Venusian qualities told me, "Everything is important. Nothing is serious." I make a serious attempt to remember that, but there is my usual conundrum--I take it seriously instead of taking it as merely important. :lol:

danielma

Post by danielma » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:59 am

Oh man, if only I hadn't have blown my savings on the trip to Japan earlier in the year. I so would have went to New York to see this :(
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:10 am

This is where I and several other WTI members will meet on a cold and snowy February night for US stage version of LTROI, which I'm sure will be a historic and enjoyable occasion. O quam pulchra nox!
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Return to “Let The Right One In (Play)”