LET THE RIGHT ONE IN on NEW YORK STAGE!

For discussion of live productions of Let The Right One In
abner_mohl

Re: LET THE RIGHT ONE IN on NEW YORK STAGE!

Post by abner_mohl » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:08 am

Custom t-shirt I had made for the play using a picture I put together inspired by "I love NY"

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Sounds like it was a fantastic show.

You're going to need an updated t-shirt, one featuring Rebecca.

abner_mohl

Post by abner_mohl » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:16 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:Sounds like it was a fantastic show.

Working on that. Nightrider and I had center front seats, just 3-4 feet from the stage, it was almost like we were sitting right in the middle of the performance. The staging was simple but effective and brilliant. I hope this play goes to Broadway and and international tour so the rest of our group can experience it live. Performances having been selling out, and the reaction of the audience was definitely absorbed by the performance. One gentleman complemented my shirt, I said I was a fan of the original movie, he responded by saying the play was better than the movie. One thing I have to compliment the person who adapted LTROI to the stage, even though changes were made to the story, they did such a fantastic job you don't even mind it. In fact it kept the story fresh without being a slavish imitation of the movie. They did an excellent job of blending elements of LTROI and LMI flawlessly.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 am

abner_mohl wrote:
gkmoberg1 wrote:Sounds like it was a fantastic show.

Working on that. Nightrider and I had center front seats, just 3-4 feet from the stage, it was almost like we were sitting right in the middle of the performance. The staging was simple but effective and brilliant. I hope this play goes to Broadway and and international tour so the rest of our group can experience it live. Performances having been selling out, and the reaction of the audience was definitely absorbed by the performance. One gentleman complemented my shirt, I said I was a fan of the original movie, he responded by saying the play was better than the movie. One thing I have to compliment the person who adapted LTROI to the stage, even though changes were made to the story, they did such a fantastic job you don't even mind it. In fact it kept the story fresh without being a slavish imitation of the movie. They did an excellent job of blending elements of LTROI and LMI flawlessly.
Yeah, sitting on the front row with you and Nightrider -- since we were close enough to reach out and touch the players at times, I was disappointed we didn't getting any fake blood splattered on us. It was an excellent experience, both from the play and from visiting before the play with you and Nightrider. I wish N.R. Gasan had got there earlier so we would have had more time with him. It was really neat that the three of us all brought gifts for each other. N.R.'s gift will have to be the pictures he took. I won't know how to download mine until Di gets home on the 18th.

Anyway -- Yippee! I hope everyone's travel home went okay. Oh, Phoebe greeted me and wanted cat nip and play time. Otherwise, she was fine with my absence.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:55 pm

Was there any chance to meet any of the performers or the staff? Did you hang around by the back exit for autographs? And pics of Nightrider on the jungle gym?

abner_mohl

Post by abner_mohl » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Unfortunately we did not have that opportunity except for grabbing a couple of snowflakes from the stage.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:51 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:Was there any chance to meet any of the performers or the staff? Did you hang around by the back exit for autographs? And pics of Nightrider on the jungle gym?
Nightrider and I were in touch with the NTS folks and with St. Ann's Warehouse folks. They were aware of WTI's modest contribution to the success of the 2013 premiere. So, yeah, we probably could have traded on that good will to get backstage. It didn't occur to me, and, if it had, I'm too respectful of the cast and crew to have suggested it. It would have taken an unprompted invitation. Any way, we were all so moved by the show, especially sitting so close, that much more would have been an overload. We teary-eyed fans might have become blubbering babies!

I don't know what to say. With the next stop a possible revival in Scotland, I could possibly schedule a vacation to my ancestral homeland to coincide with the production. My younger son and grandson are going this summer, so, who knows? Either way, the NY trips feels like a once-in-a-lifetime experience, one that I will always treasure.

But, GK, you've got almost a month to decide to catch it yourself. I know New England weather is chancy, but there you are. :)

P.S.: And see gymmy64 's note one page back.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:23 pm

I'm thinking that you could adopt me. And then when you travel to your native Scotland, I could come along, like a good son, and help out. After all, dad, you'll need help with the valises, the kilts, the haggis. And of course the Bowmore, Glenfiddich, Balvenie and Dalmore.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:54 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:I'm thinking that you could adopt me. And then when you travel to your native Scotland, I could come along, like a good son, and help out. After all, dad, you'll need help with the valises, the kilts, the haggis. And of course the Bowmore, Glenfiddich, Balvenie and Dalmore.
Ha ha! I'm afraid I drank up enough Laphroaig for the both of us years ago! Anyway, the play may have been my "vacation" this year. So, alas, MacMoberg, you'll have to find your own way to bonie Alba.

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:31 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:I'm thinking that you could adopt me. And then when you travel to your native Scotland, I could come along, like a good son, and help out. After all, dad, you'll need help with the valises, the kilts, the haggis. And of course the Bowmore, Glenfiddich, Balvenie and Dalmore.
Oban. Mustn't forget the Oban. :wub:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Play)”