New LTROI production in London

For discussion of live productions of Let The Right One In
Nightrider

New LTROI production in London

Post by Nightrider » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:16 pm

National Theater of Scotland with Marla Rubin Productions LTD and Bill Kenwright, in association with
Royal Court Theatre.
LET THE RIGHT ONE IN
A stage adaptation by Jack Thorne. Based on the novel and film by John Ajvide Lindqvist

29 November - 21 December 2013

http://www.royalcourttheatre.com/whats- ... ght-one-in
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

gkmoberg1

Re: New LTROI production in London

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Prices for the under-26 crowd looks on-par with those from the Scotland production. LTROI is not quite a 'holiday cheer' kind of play, but it maybe that's to its advantage.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:09 pm

This seems to be a growing trend. I wonder if it will happen in the U.S.?

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:53 pm

I think the best chance of that, for now, is the National Theatre of Scotland via their US-based non-profit incorporation National Theatre of Scotland America Inc . I suspect this is a fund raising effort only, yet it is a means that they might use for bringing a performance of LTROI to the U.S. However you'd think it would need to do very well in London before they'd consider that.

( I looked up their 503(c)(3) filing and it does exist. They are registered in Delaware as an incorporated non-profit charity. )

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:03 pm

from theGuardian, Sunday, 1-September-2013

Article: The best theatre of autumn 2013: from 'Richard II' to 'Let The Right One In'
by Michael Billington and Lyn Gardner
Michael Billington and Lyn Gardner wrote: ...
Let the Right One In

John Tiffany's acclaimed National Theatre of Scotland production, which opened earlier this year, is said to produce gasps of terror. Jack Thorne's play is based on a creepy novel and film about a bullied teenage boy called Oskar and his neighbour, Eli, who has been an adolescent for an alarmingly long time. Martin Quinn and Rebecca Benson play the leads in a sophisticated shocker. Royal Court, London, 29 November to 21 December,royalcourttheatre.com

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:07 pm

Do any of our U.K. members live near London? I'd be great to have one of us check this out. I'm 3,275 miles away and on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean. Otherwise that someone would be me.

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Well, as a matter of fact, one of the infected - Covenant6452 - is moving from the London area to Norway in a few weeks. We met at the Blackeberg tour back in 2010, since then he has been over for a visit each year and now he is leaving England. This summer he was almost able to converse with a five years old in Norwegian/Swedish! :)
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Sounds like the start of a great adventure.

Is this a program you make available to all anglophiles? Perhaps there's a form we can fill out somewhere...

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:59 pm

There are very few tickets remaining! http://www.royalcourttheatre.com/whats- ... ght-one-in Try accidentally wandering into the web site's "Purchase Tickets Online" pages and you'll find that nearly all dates have seats available only along the margins. Now perhaps there other sellers who still hold blocks of tickets - I have no idea how convoluted or straight-forward theatre ticket purchasing might be in London - but that'd be the seller's issue. From the theatre's PoV, this is a near sell-out. Agree?

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:01 pm

I wonder if JAL will be attending. And then I wonder if we can might be able to find out which performance. ( And whether he'd get me a ticket! 8-) )

Return to “Let The Right One In (Play)”