LTROI - Washington DC area, Oct 2018

For discussion of live productions of Let The Right One In
gkmoberg1

LTROI - Washington DC area, Oct 2018

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:57 pm

The Alice Ferguson Foundation announces they are staging LTROI across three Friday and Saturday evenings in October 2018.

See https://fergusonfoundation.org/events/t ... 018-10-05/

The foundation's outdoor amphitheater is located south of Washington DC alongside the Potomac River on the Maryland shore side.

a_contemplative_life

Re: LTROI - Washington DC area, Oct 2018

Post by a_contemplative_life » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:19 am

I will need to check this out. Thanks!!

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:33 pm

I might have introduced that incorrectly. The Alice Ferguson Foundation (https://fergusonfoundation.org), plus Hard Bargain Farm, appears to be a remarkable, small, well done facility just outside Washington. This foundation, by itself, is interesting to read about. They have a number resources on their property. One of these is their outdoor amphitheater, a result of Henry and Alice's appreciation of the arts. Making use of this amphitheater is a summertime theater program and concert series. For the theatrical productions, the group that uses this location is the Hard Bargain Players (http://hbplayers.org/). This is the group, then that will be staging LTROI.

The two links I have found, so far, for this upcoming production are
https://fergusonfoundation.org/events/t ... 018-10-05/ - which is the announcement by the foundation
FergusonFoundation wrote:Theater in the Woods: Let the Right One In

“Let the Right One In” by John Ajvide Lindqvist

Adapted for the stage by Jack Thorne

Directed by Michael Margelos

October 5-20, 2018

Friday & Saturday at 8:00pm

The DC area premiere! Based on the novel and film of the same name, “Let the Right One In” is the haunting tale of a boy’s friendship with a mysterious young female neighbor. As he struggles with adolescence, bullies, self-isolation and an alcoholic mother, she struggles with a deep secret she must keep from her new friend and a hunger that must be satisfied to survive.

Date/Time
10/05/2018
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm

Hard Bargain Amphitheater
2001 Bryan Point Road - Accokeek
Details

and
https://pgtheater.com/theaters/hard/ - which is an announcement by a site covering theater events for the region
PGTheater wrote:Let the Right One In at Hard Bargain, Oct 5-20

Let the Right One In
By John Ajvide Lindqvist

October 5 – 20, 2018
Performances are Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 pm.

The DC area premier! Based on the novel and film of the same name, “Let the Right One In” is the haunting tale of a boy’s friendship with a mysterious young female neighbor. As he struggles with adolescence, bullies, self-isolation and an alcoholic mother, she struggles with a deep secret she must keep from her new friend and a hunger that must be satisfied to survive.

Tickets for Hard Bargain Players performances are $12 for adults, $10 for students, seniors and members of the Alice Ferguson Foundation.

To reserve tickets, click here.

Tags: Hard Bargain Players, Accokeek Maryland, Let the Right One In, John Ajvide Lindqvist, Jack Thorne
Note that there is no note of LTROI on the Hard Bargain Players website, as yet. This is due, I think, to the tight relationship between the actors group and the foundation (At this point in time, the Foundation having listed the play is good enough). I should expect we'll soon see items on the Hard Bargain Player's site for Auditions and then links on how to purchase tickets. Shortly, but not as yet, on this dreary Sunday in February, seven months before the show's debut.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:54 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:19 am
I will need to check this out. Thanks!!
Keep us posted. If you decide to go, I can probably join you. :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:19 am

The Hard Bargain Players add a mention of LTROI, under the announcement for their upcoming season:
“Let the Right One In”
By John Ajvide Lindqvist
October 5-20, 2018
Friday & Saturday at 8:00pm

The DC area premier! Based on the novel and film of the same name, “Let the Right One In” is the haunting tale of a boy’s friendship with a mysterious young female neighbor. As he struggles with adolescence, bullies, self-isolation and an alcoholic mother, she struggles with a deep secret she must keep from her new friend and a hunger that must be satisfied to survive.

Auditions: TBA

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:30 pm

Have to keep this one in mind. Two or so hours from here and I got friends in the DC area.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:24 am

From the Hard Bargain Players website:
Theater in the Woods is an outdoor amphitheater and the Hard Bargain Players perform rain or shine. Shows are only canceled in the event of severe weather conditions. There is limited covered seating and umbrellas are encouraged. Comfortable clothing and bug spray are also highly recommended.
Not only is October better with regard to the evening mosquito population but it puts the play in the correct month for the story.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:41 am

Tickets can be now purchased on the Hard Bargain Players site. The dates for tickets,though, do not line up with the announced dates. Tickets are available for Oct 5th (Fri), 6th (Sat), 12th (Fri), 13th (Sat) and then ... it states 25th (Fri) and 26th (Sat). These last two dates are not correct if you look at an October 2018 calendar. Oct 25 and 26 are a Thursday and Friday. Meanwhile, their Calendar continues to say LTROI runs from October 5 thru 20. I suspect the dates 25th (Fri) and 26 (Sat), then, are mistaken and should be 19th (Fri) and 20th (Sat).

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:03 am

I do not know when they are going to have auditions, but it must be soon.

Their calendar still says October is when they will put on Let The Right One In.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:32 am

GK,
I'm lecturing all day Oct 6 & 7, otherwise my calendar is clear. I'll have to see how much lunch money I can save before I know for sure if I can swing it. I don't want to miss practically my only chance to meet you in person. It will be my third viewing of the play (Brooklyn. Austin). It would be swell if gattoparde were there ,too. And the two Chrises (New York and New Jersey).
Donald.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Let The Right One In (Play)”