LetTheRightOneIn - Ringwald Theatre, Detroit

For discussion of live productions of Let The Right One In
gkmoberg1

LetTheRightOneIn - Ringwald Theatre, Detroit

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:48 am

Ringwald Theatre in Detroit Ohio U.S., is running their stage performance of Let The Right One In from Jan 3rd through Jan 29th 2018.

Detroit MetroTimes
Vampire drama 'Let The Right One In' gets stage adaptation for Ringwald Theatre run , Jan 7 2018. Article posted by Jerilyn Jordan.
Ringwald Theatre wrote:JANUARY 5-29, 2018
Fridays/Saturdays/Mondays at 8pm
Sunday Jan 21 & 28 at 5pm
TICKETS: $20 Fri & Sat, $15 Sun, Mon $10!
BUY LET THE RIGHT ONE IN TICKETS

The Swedish cult phenomenon Let The Right One In has been an acclaimed novel, two movies, a TV pilot—and now a dark and visceral stage production that makes its Midwest debut at The Ringwald Theatre on January 5th, 2018.Based on the 2004 novel by John Ajvide Lindqvist and adapted for the stage by Jack Thorne, Let The Right One In is a chilling, one-of-a-kind coming-of-age vampire love story. Oskar is a bullied, lonely, teenage boy living with his mother on a housing estate at the edge of town, when a spate of sinister killings rocks the neighborhood. Eli is the young girl who has just moved in next door. She doesn't go to school and never leaves the flat by day. Sensing in each other a kindred spirit, the two become devoted friends. What Oskar doesn't know is that Eli has been a teenager for a very long time...

Directed by Brandy Joe Plambeck, Let The Right One In stars Shane Nelson and Tiaja Sabrie as Oskar and Eli, and an ensemble cast featuring Sarah Burcon, Sean Ceglarek, Ryan Ernst, Artun Kircali, Jeffrey Shawn Miller, Joel Mitchell, and Mike Suchyta. Stage Management is by Greg Eldridge, Set Design by Casey Hibbert, Costume Design by Vince Kelley and Fight Choreography by Sydney Lepora.
Ringwald Theatre

gkmoberg1

Re: LetTheRightOneIn - Ringwald Theatre, Detroit

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:53 am

Press & Guide (http://www.pressandguide.com)
Theater: “Let the Right One In” is a vampire story with a sweet side , by Terry Jacoby , Jan 4 2018
Director Brady Joe Plambeck wrote:“I have a terrific and fearless cast for this production. They are not afraid to dive into the icy waters that the play asks of them. In particular, my two leads have been absolute dynamite in the roles of Oskar and Eli. I worked with both of them when I went to the Hilberry Theatre, and it is a sincere pleasure to be working with them once again.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:58 am

Detroit Free Press (https://www.freep.com)
Review: Ringwald cast up to challenge of vampire tale by John Monaghan , Jan 10 2018
John Monaghan wrote:Fans of the film will appreciate the care that director Brandy Joe Plambeck and his nine-person cast have taken with capturing the story’s tone, which can be darkly funny at times but is mostly Scandinavian serious.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:07 am

A2 ARTS ADDICT (https://a2artsaddict.com)
REVIEW (EncoreMichigan.com): Ringwald Theatre’s ‘Let the Right One In’ has bite, but not enough heart , Jenn McKie , Jan 8 2018

ENCORE MICHIGAN (http://www.encoremichigan.com)
Ringwald’s ‘Let The Right One In’ based on Lindqvist’s original novel , Jenn McKie , Jan 7 2018
Jenn McKie wrote:Let the Right One In earns points for being an original, new spin on the vampire legend, set in a foreign country, in an era (the ‘80s) still visible in our rearview mirror; and its occasional, inevitable forays into horror are generally quite well-executed on the Ringwald’s stage. But like Eli, I found myself emotionally numb, never feeling all that invested in the characters.
Jenn McKie makes a number of good observations in this review. Do we know anyone in Detroit? I'll have to watch YouTube for vids for this.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:35 am

This was published ahead of when the play opened at The Ringwald

BROADWAY WORLD (https://www.broadwayworld.com)
Photo Flash: LET THE RIGHT ONE IN Makes Stage Premiere at The Ringwald Theatre , by BWW News Desk , Dec 21 2017
LET THE RIGHT ONE IN CAST & CREW

Oskar - Shane Nelson (Windsor)
Eli - Tiaja Sabrie (Ferndale)
Hakan - Joel Mitchell (Berkley)
Oskar's Mom - Sarah Burcon (Pinckney)
Halmberg/Mr. Avila - Artun Kircali (Ann Arbor)
Kurt/Jocke/Nils/Dad/Stefan Jeffrey - Shawn Miller (Ann Arbor)
Torkel/Janne/Jimmy - Ryan Ernst (Ferndale)
Mickey - Sean Ceglarek (Ferndale)
Jonny - Mike Suchyta (Dearborn)
Director - Brandy Joe Plambeck (Ferndale)
Stage Manager - Greg Eldridge (Ferndale)
Set Design - Casey Hibbert (Auburn Hills)
Lighting/Sound Design - Brandy Joe Plambeck
Costume Design - Vince Kelley (Ferndale)
Fight Choreography - Sydney Lepora (Detroit)

Return to “Let The Right One In (Play)”