CASTLES IN THE AIR THAT EXPLODED

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Himmelstrand
drakkar

Re: CASTLES IN THE AIR THAT EXPLODED

Post by drakkar » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Wolfchild wrote:I understand they were also very cordial to a group of Infected who paid them a visit a while back.
Very true. A pity Editrice has moved on; first maternity leave, then Bonnier AB.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:22 am

drakkar wrote:
Wolfchild wrote:I understand they were also very cordial to a group of Infected who paid them a visit a while back.
Very true. A pity Editrice has moved on; first maternity leave, then Bonnier AB.
I didn't know that. :cry:

I mean, I'm :) about the maternity leave, but :cry: about the moving on.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:34 am

Wolfchild wrote:I didn't know that. :cry:

I mean, I'm :) about the maternity leave, but :cry: about the moving on.
I got an e-mail about it some months ago. Since she hasn't said anything here, I take it she hasn't left. ;)
- Karl Ove Knausgård

editrice

Post by editrice » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:31 am

You never know where I will turn up. ;)

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:03 am

editrice wrote:You never know where I will turn up. ;)
Well, I'm glad that you still turn up here. :)

How have you been?
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

editrice

Post by editrice » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:15 am

I'm fine, thank you - now the mother of two boys and back at work, but at a different company. I'd been at Ordfront for ten years and needed to move on before I got to scared with increasing age. ;)
Now I'm actually at the company who publishes John's wife's books, so although it broke my heart to leave John, I hope to be seeing them both around every now and then. They're publishing a children's book this fall which also is within this company, so hopefully they'll stop by!

Glad to see you're still going strong here!

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:19 am

editrice wrote:I'm fine, thank you - now the mother of two boys and back at work, but at a different company. I'd been at Ordfront for ten years and needed to move on before I got to scared with increasing age. ;)
Now I'm actually at the company who publishes John's wife's books, so although it broke my heart to leave John, I hope to be seeing them both around every now and then. They're publishing a children's book this fall which also is within this company, so hopefully they'll stop by!

Two boys in one maternity leave? How very efficient of you! Now that is what I would expect from a good editor :mrgreen:
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

editrice

Post by editrice » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:05 am

Wolfchild wrote:
editrice wrote:I'm fine, thank you - now the mother of two boys and back at work, but at a different company. I'd been at Ordfront for ten years and needed to move on before I got to scared with increasing age. ;)

Two boys in one maternity leave? How very efficient of you! Now that is what I would expect from a good editor :mrgreen:

Ah no, one boy already, another one now. Bad editor, writing so sloppily. :oops:

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:46 am

editrice wrote:Ah no, one boy already, another one now. Bad editor, writing so sloppily. :oops:
:lol:
Hi! Good to hear all is well with mother and children1
- Karl Ove Knausgård

editrice

Post by editrice » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:43 am

drakkar wrote:
editrice wrote:Ah no, one boy already, another one now. Bad editor, writing so sloppily. :oops:
:lol:
Hi! Good to hear all is well with mother and children1
Very well, thank you! *totally hijacking this thread*

Return to “I Am Behind You”