CASTLES IN THE AIR THAT EXPLODED

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Himmelstrand
snaps

CASTLES IN THE AIR THAT EXPLODED

Post by snaps » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:56 pm

Odd.? :roll:

I do seem to recall having posted on this thread. My complex but enticing proposition appears to have been summararily withdrawn, without the courtesy of an explanation.

Would someone ''in authority'' care to explain?

snaps

sauvin

Re: CASTLES IN THE AIR THAT EXPLODED

Post by sauvin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:03 pm

snaps wrote:Odd.? :roll:

I do seem to recall having posted on this thread. My complex but enticing proposition appears to have been summararily withdrawn, without the courtesy of an explanation.

Would someone ''in authority'' care to explain?

snaps
What was the nature of the post?
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

snaps

Post by snaps » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks Sauvin.

I have had an after-the-event, unsatisfactory explanation proffered to me by one of your fellow Moderators, and have requested further clarification.

The essence of my article, has already been previously published by a Swedish newspaper, in English. It contains no profanities. It, apparently has been deemed ''political'' because it contains historical FACTS.

It has furthermore been considered inappropriate because it is not about JAL's upcoming novel. Mmmm. I don't think anyone on here has that insight, other than JAL. :lol:

If I am unable to post it on here, I will provide you with links, and also JAL via his literary agent.

Best wishes

snaps.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:00 pm

I'd welcome a PM.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

snaps

Post by snaps » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:39 pm

Thank you for your concern.

In fairness, I will await the response I have requested first. That seems reasonable.

It has taken me time and effort to thread together my original posting, geared to the interests of this site. There were no profanties in my post. The only ''politics'' was re-statement of historical fact, and a speculative link to ''projective fiction''.

As I say, it was removed summararily, wholesale, with neither courtesy of explanation, nor request for re-drafting.

The solution is fairly simple. In future, I will post anything of interest to my Swedish newspaper websites, and not here. I will also make JAL aware of what goes for acceptable here, allegedly, ''in his name''.

I do not, somehow, think he will be amused.

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:04 am

snaps wrote:I will also make JAL aware of what goes for acceptable here, allegedly, ''in his name''.

I do not, somehow, think he will be amused.
The first time you posted something like this, I was taken aback. I was worried that I had been misrepresenting this site somehow, so I took great care to explain this site's situation.

Now, however, I kind of get a kick out of it when you post statements like this. Seriously, it just doesn't get old. I don't know why you keep doing it, but please don't stop. :lol:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

metoo

Post by metoo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:10 am

This is a very strange thread. What is it all about?
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

gary13136

Post by gary13136 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:35 pm

A "re-statement of historical fact". Very interesting. Was it something along the lines of the Japanese sneak attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941, which after closer examination was found to be not as sneaky as originally presented? Sometimes re-statements of historical fact will upset others. They have become comfortable with the original history, and don't like any changes.

Other than this, I really don't have any idea at all what this thread is about. :think:

Would it be acceptable in the "off topic" section?
One example of democracy in action is 5 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.--Anonymous

snaps

Post by snaps » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Wolfchild wrote: Now, however, I kind of get a kick out of it when you post statements like this. Seriously, it just doesn't get old. I don't know why you keep doing it, but please don't stop. :lol:
I am delighted to brighten up your life, as always. :) Anyway, lets try to salvage something pleasant here. :D

Readers will probably be aware of the existence of ''Yellow Bird'' the production company behind LTROI, The Larsson 'Millenium Trilogy'' , both British and Swedish versions of the ''Wallander'' series.

One interesting feature is that they do consider initial ''pitches'' by anyone, for new ideas, providing they don't exceed 200 words. (a tall order!) but that might be a useful and interesting writing exercise for the many talented FF writers on here. Imagine pitching your prequel or sequel to LTROI/ LDRKI but keeping your summary to less than 200 words. :think:

More details on here: http://www.yellowbird.se/index.php?opti ... 1&Itemid=3

abner_mohl

Post by abner_mohl » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:48 pm

I thought EFTI and not Yellow Bird was responsible for LTROI, was there some kind of partnership between the two I never heard of?

Return to “I Am Behind You”