Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and other remakes

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

jetboy

Re: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and other remakes

Post by jetboy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:02 am

Remake is a word that should just mean a movie that is made from another movie. Tinker Tailor was made from the book, thats it. Yes it was made as a five hour miniseries before but it wasnt used for name rcognition as a way to sell the new one or for inspiration for the new one in the least. Im sure their are some fans of the miniseries who feel that it should be the only version available on film and I respect that, but it shouldnt have the same term as what is described for movies like Clash Of Titans or Ring and yes LMI.

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:48 am

jetboy wrote:Remake is a word that should just mean a movie that is made from another movie. Tinker Tailor was made from the book, thats it. Yes it was made as a five hour miniseries before but it wasnt used for name rcognition as a way to sell the new one or for inspiration for the new one in the least. Im sure their are some fans of the miniseries who feel that it should be the only version available on film and I respect that, but it shouldnt have the same term as what is described for movies like Clash Of Titans or Ring and yes LMI.
I wouldn't mind the term "remake" one bit, if they made a good film, then they made a good film. 8-)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:39 am

Tom wrote:I wouldn't mind the term "remake" one bit, if they made a good film, then they made a good film. 8-)
Will have to wait for the eventual "remake" of Alfredson's Tinker, Tailor in the near future.. :)
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Nightrider wrote:
Tom wrote:I wouldn't mind the term "remake" one bit, if they made a good film, then they made a good film. 8-)
Will have to wait for the eventual "remake" of Alfredson's Tinker, Tailor in the near future.. :)
If I didn't have a growing esteem for Matt Reeves, I would be tempted to make a quip about him reading the script for it at this very moment. :lol:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:20 am

Wolfchild wrote:
Nightrider wrote:
If I didn't have a growing esteem for Matt Reeves, I would be tempted to make a quip about him reading the script for it at this very moment. :lol:
Then Wolfchild will have a new website called We, The Infiltrated, a forum to discuss John le Carré's novel and films based on it. :lol:

Return to “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy”