Careful With Spoilers

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Wolfchild

Careful With Spoilers

Post by Wolfchild » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:39 am

It has been years since I read TTSS, (many, many years :shock: ), and I really don't remember many details about it. I remember the significance of the phrase, "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, etc.", but that's about it. I had considered digging it out and reading it again, or seaking out the BBC mini-series, but then I decided not to do either. This being the case, I would appreciate it if people would be careful with spoilers. I want to go into this film without any more inkling of the story than what I have now. I don't want to put any preconceived notions in the way of Tomas knocking my socks off (again).

Can I get an "Amen", bothers and sisters?
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Tom

Re: Careful With Spoilers

Post by Tom » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:49 am

Sure thing, boss. :mrgreen:

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:27 am

No spoilers from me - I only half watched the original TV production, and have never read le Carré.

I'm also quite prepared to be shaken, not stirred, by Tomas' version.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Wolfchild wrote:I want to go into this film without any more inkling of the story than what I have now. I don't want to put any preconceived notions in the way of Tomas knocking my socks off (again).

Can I get an "Amen", bothers and sisters?
Praise $deity and pass the [CENSORED] ammo!

Woofie, you can't get your socks knocked off, unless there's something you know about wolves that I don't. I'd expect socks to fare very poorly in the regions where they come into contact with claws.

I'm very much afraid you're just going to have to settle for having your fur cast into disarray.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Return to “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy”