Bad News for Americans on this Board...TTSS Slips in Date

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
danielma

Bad News for Americans on this Board...TTSS Slips in Date

Post by danielma » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:36 pm

Cinema Blend wrote:There are still plenty of films left to come out this year, but there are few that I am anticipating more than Tomas Alfredson's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Based on the novel by John le Carré, the movie has a stellar cast that includes the likes of Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, Mark Strong, Colin Firth, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Ciaran Hinds and each trailer we've seen has been better than the last. We've known for a while now that the UK, with a September 16 release date, would be getting the film a few months before us, but now, sadly, that wait has been made even longer.

Deadline has reported and InContention has confirmed that Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy has been moved from November 18th to December 9th. The move obviously changes the film's direct competition. While the film was originally going to go up against Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 and Happy Feet 2, it will now be released against David Gordon Green's The Sitter, Garry Marshall's New Year's Eve, Jason Reitman's Young Adult, Mark Pellington's I Melt With You and Madonna's W.E. Set during the Cold War, the story follows a retired MI6 agent named George Smiley (Oldman) who is called back into duty to sniff out a Soviet spy.

To help make the wait a bit easier, the film has launched a soundtrack website where you can preview the movie's score. The site contains all 19 tracks from composer Alberto Iglesias, but for those expecting to hear the song from the trailer, you might want to click on this link instead.

I hate to say it but despite its amazing promotions I have the feeling that Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is destined to be buried at the box office (New Year's Eve won't be as big as Twlight but Valentine's Day had a $56 million opening in February 2010 and this one has even more stars that the masses can gawk at). With any luck the film is truly good enough to make an authentic Oscar run and make some money via critical praise. If True Grit was able to make nearly $200 million domestically opening against Little Fockers I can pray that anything is possible.
Bad news for American's I'm afraid...you have to wait another month

Is this another one we can blame on Twilight :lol: DAMN YOU TWILIGHT :lol: ...seriously, I honestly don't think it will matter when they will release it, I don't think its gonna set their box office alight (I could be very wrong though, I have been wrong before)...I think it will be critically well recieved and I am hoping the film does have some major form of success (even if it is mini major)...but I'm also a realist
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

Tom

Re: Bad News for Americans on this Board...TTSS Slips in Dat

Post by Tom » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:46 am

But I want to see TTS (The Twilight Saga) too. :lol:

the_value_of_x

Post by the_value_of_x » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:02 am

:(
Last edited by the_value_of_x on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind."
~Kurt Vonnegut

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:15 am

the_value_of_x wrote:••••.
I second that!
Last edited by Wolfchild on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To delete gratuitous profanity.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

abner_mohl

Post by abner_mohl » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:36 am

:twisted:
Last edited by abner_mohl on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

danielma

Post by danielma » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:37 am

Well, this time bad news is hitting a little closer to home (at least for me it is)

Unconfirmed reports (although its looking more than likely) that Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy will not see an Australian release untill January 2012 :( :(

Living in Australia, I can tell you personally that this news sucks and leaves me feeling like a...

Sad Panda

Here's hoping it gets pushed up a few months but it looks like us Australians are waiting till next January to see this film
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

Return to “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy”