Empire Magazine's article on "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy"

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Tom

Empire Magazine's article on "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy"

Post by Tom » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:50 pm

There's a great article on "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" in the September 2011 issue of Empire Magazine, which includes interviews with John le Carré, Tomas Alfredson and Gary Oldman. You can read it on http://szembogar.tumblr.com/post/838821 ... py-article.

Nightrider

Re: Empire Magazine's article on "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, S

Post by Nightrider » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Good find. Looks like everyone involved in the film give the project their utmost respect. It appears that Oldman finally has a role he can sink his teeth into and turn it into a classic performance. Something, he unfortunately was unable to do, due mediocre quality of his recent gigs. Nice in depth article, whose counterpart I'm hoping to see soon in one of the America's better film related magazines. Alfredson looks in control of the set pictured between two legends: John Hurt and Gary Oldman. This is the kind of snapshot that goes on the wall in a fancy frame. I'm sure it will be a career making film for TA. Once again, good find.
Vitaly
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:43 pm

In my opinion, Gary Oldman's best performance as a lead actor was playing Ludwig van Beethoven in the 1994 film "Immortal Beloved". 8-)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:56 pm

"Immortal Beloved" is one of the good ones. There's quite a few good ones."Sid & Nancy" "Prick Up your ears","Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead", "Basquiat" are just a few... Sure he had some misses, but I usually blame the material. He is such a good actor that even at this stage in his career I can't think of one film where he would "phone in" a role the way some of the old timers do...
Vitaly
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

jetboy

Post by jetboy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:25 am

Sorry but the print is too small for me to read. How did you get it readable like it is on your OP?

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:20 am

jetboy wrote:Sorry but the print is too small for me to read. How did you get it readable like it is on your OP?
Click on each of the these pics and download them to your computer. Then view them with whatever picture viewing software you have on your computer.

For example, for the second pic, click on the thumbnail to enlarge it, then move your cursor on the pic, right click your mouse, then select "save picture as", choose a folder to save the pic, then click "save". Find the downloaded pic and view it with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

8-)

jetboy

Post by jetboy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:37 am

Tom wrote:
jetboy wrote:Sorry but the print is too small for me to read. How did you get it readable like it is on your OP?
Click on each of the these pics and download them to your computer. Then view them with whatever picture viewing software you have on your computer.

For example, for the second pic, click on the thumbnail to enlarge it, then move your cursor on the pic, right click your mouse, then select "save picture as", choose a folder to save the pic, then click "save". Find the downloaded pic and view it with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

8-)
Thank you, I got it.

JakobM

Post by JakobM » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:28 am

Is that a snus box in TA's pocket? :think:

Don't know if he's a user but it looks to be about the right shape and size and it would make sense - if you need to stay alert for those long shoots a bit of nicotine could be just the thing. :D

/J

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:14 am

Getting quite excited about this now. I see a trip to the cinema coming up. If TA has nailed it like he did LTROI [and it certainly sounds like he has] this is his entry to the big league, and I'm happy for him.

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:18 am

I'm absolutely stoked for the cinematic release.
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

Return to “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy”