The OLD old mp3 cut of "Elda telefonkataloger"

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's short story collection Låt de gamla drömmarna dö
fireplayer

The OLD old mp3 cut of "Elda telefonkataloger"

Post by fireplayer » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:03 am

Hey peeps - I'm new here at least posts-wise.

I see this forum is mainly concentrated on John's english translations.

Me, I'm a Swede - and a collector of John's work - (in Swedish + other langages first pressings of stories) - and believe that I have maybe 95% of what's out there.

One thing I do miss, however - and that is the first version reading of "Elda telefonkataloger" ("Torching phone books") featured as a free download at a now shutdown site called fardlektyr.nu - this was back in 2006. The reason this was posted here is that it was included in the "Färdlektyr" compilation book that same year.

Now, with the site being dead - I have had no luck finding the actual mp3 from the site. Not even archive.org will help - and the master himself no longer has it.

So here's for taking the chance and asking if there may be any Swede here - who was a fan - already back then and who still has it saved?

I am well aware of it being released on the "Låt de gamla drömmarna dö" ("Let the old dreams die") Audio book - but it is not the same recording. I own the Audio Book for that... so NOT looking for that take. Only looking for the one from the färdlektyr site.

Shown by archive.org as https://web.archive.org/web/20070107115 ... nu/mp3.asp

That is where it was - but is sadly dead now.

If anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful - and can trade for copies of older short stories in first pubishings...

SIDENOTE: The year after - another JAL short story was included in this compilation - that was "Tjejen" ("The Girl") - this time, however - it was not read by John himself, but by a random female student.

Helluva first post. Well, Hi peeps.

/Pete
Last edited by fireplayer on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dongregg

Re: The OLD old mp3 cut of "Elda telefonkatager"

Post by dongregg » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:12 am

Hi. Interesting first post!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

fireplayer

Post by fireplayer » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:37 am

Thanks - is there any part of this forum that lists a bibliography of sorts of JAL?

/Pete
dongregg wrote:Hi. Interesting first post!

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:59 pm

fireplayer wrote:Thanks - is there any part of this forum that lists a bibliography of sorts of JAL?

/Pete

No, but I'd be happy to assist you in making one. ;)

Welcome.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

fireplayer

Post by fireplayer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:02 am

Well - I could only assist you in Swedish first releases - and possibly other language exclusives / stories released in other languages first.

That would mean creating a whole new section - a Wikipedia type of Section that can easily be corrected / filled in..?

And that would possibly include first sources of stories - later released in compilations like Låt de gamla drömmarna dö / LTODD.

I have first source for plenty in there.

/Pete
Wolfchild wrote:
fireplayer wrote:Thanks - is there any part of this forum that lists a bibliography of sorts of JAL?

/Pete

Welcome.

fireplayer

Post by fireplayer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:46 am

Anytime you feel like chiming in?

;)
Wolfchild wrote:

/Pete

Welcome.

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:50 pm

Wolfchild wrote:

/Pete

Welcome.
Sorry. I got a little bit distracted. It would be easy enough to create another forum section that anyone could read, but only a few could access. Would that suit your vision?
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Return to “Let The Old Dreams Die”