Where can i find LTODD?

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's short story collection Låt de gamla drömmarna dö
franco77

Where can i find LTODD?

Post by franco77 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:05 pm

So i'm not from a european country nor the US, and i'm totaly sure that they won't sell that book here, so, i wanted to know where can i download it from the internet?

gattoparde59

Re: Where can i find LTODD?

Post by gattoparde59 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Why not order it on the internet and have it shipped to your home? I had mine sent from the UK.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Like gattoparde59 said, having it shipped to your home would work, but downloading the ebook would be a whole lot quicker and cheaper.

Amazon UK sell it in Kindle format at £2.57 in the UK (different prices for different countries).
Barnes & Noble sell it in Nook format for $14.99 :o (gee, I wonder why no-one buys anything from B&N any more)
If you have any Apple gear you can get the iBook for £3.49 (in the UK).
epubs are also available from various sellers.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

franco77

Post by franco77 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:07 am

I got it now, thanks everyone! (:

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri May 02, 2014 9:54 pm

franco77 wrote:I got it now, thanks everyone! (:
I'm pretty late to the LTODD party. I ordered the English version from Amazon. It came yesterday and I devoured the LTODD story. At the same time, I ordered the Swedish language version through Abebooks, who ordered from Sweden:

Ralf Menkens <ralf.menkens@gmail.com>

Dear Sir,

Thank you for ordering John Ajvide Lindqvist Låt de gamla drömmarna dö

The book has been posted today.

Sincerely,

Ralf Menkens

Munkbotext, Sweden

No telling when I'll get it, though. Meanwhile, this is my second encounter with JAL's fiction. The first was just a few paragraphs of "Border," posted somewhere on this forum. :?: Don't remember, but the little I read of it impressed me.

Nevertheless, I ordered LTODD for the story as it touched on LTROI and then was really impressed by the writing. I don't want to engage in any of the great discussions here about LTODD until I've read the story a few times and scratched my head, like everyone else. Either way, it's a touching story and I'm delighted to have the book.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Sat May 03, 2014 8:12 am

Also, there is a transcription of a radio program, where John tells about his life. It sheds a lot of light on why! :)
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

metoo

Post by metoo » Sat May 03, 2014 10:06 am

drakkar wrote:Also, there is a transcription of a radio program, where John tells about his life. It sheds a lot of light on why! :)
That is true only of the Swedish book. And It's not a transcription, but the manuscript. That said, it is available in audio here:
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/avsnitt/36 ... ramid=2071
The page doesn't say whether there are any restrictions to listening from abroad. The program is in Swedish, though...
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Sat May 03, 2014 12:44 pm

I downloaded it from Norway, however that was five years ago...
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

Return to “Let The Old Dreams Die”