LTODD: A US release

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's short story collection Låt de gamla drömmarna dö
dongregg

Re: LTODD: A US release

Post by dongregg » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:09 am

Hi, Pitti. Belated welcome to a great forum.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:24 am

dongregg wrote:Hi, Pitti. Belated welcome to a great forum.
Hi :)
"I'm like you.- What are you staring at? Well? Are you looking at me?-Those were the first words I heard you say.Please Oskar... Be me, for a little while."

Jencer07

Post by Jencer07 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:41 pm

just checked it out from a local library and already on the 3rd story of it. so far it seems like it is worth the long wait we all have endured

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Pitti wrote:It's a little weird,i hated when the Winter was coming,but in this year i wait a little bit,reminds of the mood of the movie.

I know what you mean! So many times I find myself doing routine stuff and feeling like I'm a character in the film. That is mostly good, but when I'm packing my lunch, I feel like Håkan packing his murder kit. Creepy! But mostly it's things I see during the day that remind me of LTROI, and that is very pleasant and moving. Like you, I think winter will be a different experience for me now that I have seen LTROI.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:38 am

dongregg wrote: I know what you mean! So many times I find myself doing routine stuff and feeling like I'm a character in the film. That is mostly good, but when I'm packing my lunch, I feel like Håkan packing his murder kit. Creepy! But mostly it's things I see during the day that remind me of LTROI, and that is very pleasant and moving. Like you, I think winter will be a different experience for me now that I have seen LTROI.
Wuhh you feel yourself like Håkan when you pack? That's really creepy :) I think you work as a surgeon or a butcher :o :) Well i work as a cook student and i remember Oskar's knife scenes ;) I just love to walk to work in the empty dark streets,listen a stunning music,and remember the movie.Can't wait for the first snowfall :) Sad,that the global warming attained our country :( The weather is odd sometimes in our country....I hope our winter will be white :roll:
"I'm like you.- What are you staring at? Well? Are you looking at me?-Those were the first words I heard you say.Please Oskar... Be me, for a little while."

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Pitti wrote:
dongregg wrote: I know what you mean! So many times I find myself doing routine stuff and feeling like I'm a character in the film. That is mostly good, but when I'm packing my lunch, I feel like Håkan packing his murder kit. Creepy! But mostly it's things I see during the day that remind me of LTROI, and that is very pleasant and moving. Like you, I think winter will be a different experience for me now that I have seen LTROI.
Wuhh you feel yourself like Håkan when you pack? That's really creepy :) I think you work as a surgeon or a butcher :o :) Well i work as a cook student and i remember Oskar's knife scenes ;) I just love to walk to work in the empty dark streets,listen a stunning music,and remember the movie.Can't wait for the first snowfall :) Sad,that the global warming attained our country :( The weather is odd sometimes in our country....I hope our winter will be white :roll:
Ha ha! No, I'm not a butcher. I'm a university professor. My wife is a chef. She fixes me lunch each day, and I pack it into a lunch box. While I'm putting the food, drinks, and icepacks into the lunch box, it just has the creepy but routine feel of the motions Håkan goes through before he goes out to murder someone. At least I don't eat an apple while packing, as we saw Håkan doing on his final outing! Feeling like Håkan is one of many times I feel as though I am participating in this or that actor's motions, such as Oskar's smile when he reads Eli's love note (the line from Romeo and Juliet). Others on the forum have mentioned having similar déjà vu experiences.

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:31 pm

Ha ha! No, I'm not a butcher. I'm a university professor. My wife is a chef. She fixes me lunch each day, and I pack it into a lunch box. While I'm putting the food, drinks, and icepacks into the lunch box, it just has the creepy but routine feel of the motions Håkan goes through before he goes out to murder someone. At least I don't eat an apple while packing, as we saw Håkan doing on his final outing! Feeling like Håkan is one of many times I feel as though I am participating in this or that actor's motions, such as Oskar's smile when he reads Eli's love note (the line from Romeo and Juliet). Others on the forum have mentioned having similar déjà vu experiences.
Your wife is a chef? :o This is awesome! I want to work as a chef too :) Well i'm now just a student. I'm proud to meet to an university professor Sir :)
Well,a few days ago i acquainted with a girl from our neighbor's.She came to us a few times,and we watched Let the right one in.We meet a lot :) I felt it that something special is between us...Today we hugged each other when we said goodbye to each other,and i said:
"-You know,i like your fragrance.
-Thanks.
-You know,I like you.
-I believed it :) "
I felt myself in Oskar for a moment,this experience was unforgettable to me.I think i love she :roll:
Now i feel i'm the happiest person in the world :)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:28 am

Pitti wrote:Today we hugged each other when we said goodbye to each other, and i said:
"You know,i like your fragrance."
That has to be a more effective thing to say than "you smell funny"! (Du luktar konstigt.)
Pitti wrote:I felt myself in Oskar for a moment, this experience was unforgettable to me. I think i love she :roll:

Precis. That's just the kind of out-of-nowhere flashes I get from having watched LTROI. Oh to imagine just how Oskar felt. Thanks for sharing that.

PS: I believe if it is the desire of your heart you will indeed work as a chef one day.

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:03 am

dongregg wrote: That has to be a more effective thing to say than "you smell funny"! (Du luktar konstigt.)
Well,the girl don't had "funny smell",she smells good :) ^^ And we watched together Let the right one in.That would be weird when
I would have quoted from the film.But when we hugged,i remembered the hugging scene from the movie :)
dongregg wrote: Precis. That's just the kind of out-of-nowhere flashes I get from having watched LTROI. Oh to imagine just how Oskar felt. Thanks for sharing that.
I believed it must to share what i felt yesterday,i was excited,and happy about that :) Half of the night i wasn't asleep :)
Well i must notice,that let the right one had a big effect on me. LTROI showed to me it's no need to fear of my feelings. I was clam,loner for a long time :)

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:58 am

Well that your possible future girlfriend likes LTROI is most defently a plus.. :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Let The Old Dreams Die”