LTODD: A US release

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's short story collection Låt de gamla drömmarna dö
Nightrider

Re: LTODD: A US release

Post by Nightrider » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Pitti wrote:Intrige you're absolutely right this book cover is awesome *_* :) Sad that i'm hungarian and i have LTODD in e-book and i understand the main points of the sentences,just i don't feel that i was feel by the hungarian translated LTROI book version.I want to enjoy the book in my language :( I translated with google translater but its not too enjoyable :(
Join the team. I have to read all the books in English and while the translations manage to convey the beauty of JAL's writing I would much rather experience LTROI and the others in it's native Swedish.

http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Hey, Pitti.

Welcome to We The Infected :D

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:50 am

Jameron wrote:Hey, Pitti.

Welcome to We The Infected :D

Thank you hi All :D
"I'm like you.- What are you staring at? Well? Are you looking at me?-Those were the first words I heard you say.Please Oskar... Be me, for a little while."

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:48 am

Pitti, welcome! Your avatar scared me a lot, because it looks like me!n So I was like :o :o What the..?
But then I looked at it once more, it wasn't me, it's probably you.

I have listened to LTODD in E-book in swedish, and I really loved it. I have LTROI in swedish, each time I read a new chapter I descover something new I didn't read before, in the norwegian transelation. (I don't read in it too often though, 'cause I have read the norwegian onw three times, I know everything that is going to happen .. soo)
Welcome anyway!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:15 pm

intrige wrote:Pitti, welcome! Your avatar scared me a lot, because it looks like me!n So I was like :o :o What the..?
But then I looked at it once more, it wasn't me, it's probably you.

I have listened to LTODD in E-book in swedish, and I really loved it. I have LTROI in swedish, each time I read a new chapter I descover something new I didn't read before, in the norwegian transelation. (I don't read in it too often though, 'cause I have read the norwegian onw three times, I know everything that is going to happen .. soo)
Welcome anyway!
Hi!
I really look like you? XD I didn't wanna scare you its so creepy :D I must read LTODD first with a hungarian translater,because i started learn english just in the last year :( I learned german language since 6 years ,but after i started to learn english,i forget almost everything in german language XD So i just want to understand the whole story,and there is so many english words i don't understand immediately when i read it first,so i'll try the the google translated version.It's kinda funny how translate some of sentences to hungarian from english the google :( I just watched the movie a few weeks ago,i was searched for a movie on imdb,and i found LTROI.I thought "ahh a one time watching movie",but when i started watching *_* <3 I never watched a touching movie like this.It was really new for me.I was having goosebumps in every minute of the movie brr... :) And i cried.I didn't believe it i'm not that type of boy who cry when watch a romantic movie,and i never thought i become a fan of any vampire movie,but i was wrong.And the soundtracks are touching,brilliant too :D The whole movie is..just swedish,different than any movie i seen,..and its brilliant :)Then i found a hungarian translated book version and i read it,it was creepy,little scary,touching,awesome :D And Lina is the greatest young actress i ever seen.Lina and Kare made a true masterpiece in this movie :) And you're lucky than me Norway is closest to Sweden than Hungary :) And i think in Norway the LTROI is much popular than in Hungary :( It's a little weird,i hated when the Winter was coming,but in this year i wait a little bit,reminds of the mood of the movie :D I watched the trailer of the Let Me In,and i didn't like it.Never can make an amazing movie again like LTROi,and the original is better than a copy in anything :D Ohh i didn't wanna read a novel here sorry...anyway i'm happy i found this website and to meet you :D
"I'm like you.- What are you staring at? Well? Are you looking at me?-Those were the first words I heard you say.Please Oskar... Be me, for a little while."

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:30 pm

I'm not a guy actually, but I do have glasses and dark hair ;)

Well yes LTROI is well known in Norway. I mave met many people who think the book is frakin' amazing. And some who adore the movie. As I get to know new people, I show them the movie and the book, and they love it too. Most people have at least heard of LTROI. But I wouldn't say it is insanely popular, it is not.

You think you're writing too much? No shame 8-) We, the infected loves to read. You should see the deeper diving threads, it's a short story in each post :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:04 am

intrige wrote:I'm not a guy actually, but I do have glasses and dark hair ;)

Well yes LTROI is well known in Norway. I mave met many people who think the book is frakin' amazing. And some who adore the movie. As I get to know new people, I show them the movie and the book, and they love it too. Most people have at least heard of LTROI. But I wouldn't say it is insanely popular, it is not.

You think you're writing too much? No shame 8-) We, the infected loves to read. You should see the deeper diving threads, it's a short story in each post :D
Wow i see you wrote a whole fan fiction :O :)It's great you are a really big fan of the story :D You have big inspiration :D I should read it immediately :) But first i read LTODD.The book started weird..I read about a girl called Tina and a guy called Robert...can't wait for Oskar's & Eli's part :)

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:44 am

Hi Pitti!
and welcome from me too! :)
Pitti wrote:...anyway i'm happy i found this website and to meet you :D
Thats also the way i felt when i found this forum. While i joined a few months ago i'm still one of the newbies here :D
But this i can say its awesome here and you will not believe the amount of awesome stuff you will find here :)

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Daniel Ether wrote:Hi Pitti!
and welcome from me too! :)
Pitti wrote:...anyway i'm happy i found this website and to meet you :D
Thats also the way i felt when i found this forum. While i joined a few months ago i'm still one of the newbies here :D
But this i can say its awesome here and you will not believe the amount of awesome stuff you will find here :)
Thank you :D I just searched and found awesome stuffs,this website is great :D I just wait for a movie version of the LTODD, that would be awesome :) (And i wouldn't need a translater :) )

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:37 pm

Pitti wrote: I just wait for a movie version of the LTODD, that would be awesome :) (And i wouldn't need a translater :) )
hmmm... :think: i never thought about that :)

Return to “Let The Old Dreams Die”