this is the end? o_0 and more questions

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's short story collection Låt de gamla drömmarna dö
Pitti

Re: this is the end? o_0 and more questions

Post by Pitti » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Welcome to the infected MyEli10 and sweetbloodyboy :D Bloodyboy it's awesome you travel to Sweden,hope you will find Lina and meet Her :D And don't forget to visit the places where the movie was shooted :D
"I'm like you.- What are you staring at? Well? Are you looking at me?-Those were the first words I heard you say.Please Oskar... Be me, for a little while."

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Funny think both Lina and Kåre lives in Stockholm, so if you wanna meet them, go there.
I've been to stockholm, got lost in a insanly massive shoppingmall. When I fanilly got out, I walked around the shopping streats hoping to acidently bump Lina in the shoulder. Then I would scream and cry with happiness haha. Oh man, that would have been imberresing :roll:
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

MyEli10

Post by MyEli10 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:22 pm

I see, and I will go to Stockholm too. Embarrassing, but totally worth it!
She seems like such a nice person too, at least from what I've seen on interviews.
Gosh, aint that the dream to meet them... :D And to think Lina was 11 in the movie!
To me she looked like she could have been, in select scenes at least, much older.
"Please, Please don't be afraid of me now that you know what I am."

MyEli10

Post by MyEli10 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:24 pm

And thank you Pitti, it is a very welcoming place, I have found :)

intrige

Post by intrige » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Hha yes she was 11 at the time. Now she is 18. Yeah she does seem nice :) Kåre does too, everyone who works with Kåre says he's a genius.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

MyEli10

Post by MyEli10 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:44 am

intrige wrote: everyone who works with Kåre says he's a genius...
Interesting, did not know this.

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Well,he's a genius,in the movie he played Oskar's role perfectly,Both made an unforgottable movie for all of us :) But i found this interview with Kare and Lina,and Kare looked a little egotist on the interview,i just caught his face when Lina talks...and his emanation..it's a little weird to me.Well Lina looks "true","don't play a role in her own life"..it's just my opinion :think: and i didn't followed Kare's life,so maybe i'm wrong about him :think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7zxu8L- ... 667DE2A25F
"I'm like you.- What are you staring at? Well? Are you looking at me?-Those were the first words I heard you say.Please Oskar... Be me, for a little while."

Elias Eriksson

Post by Elias Eriksson » Mon May 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Kind of late to the thread but...
I think that JAL always meant to end the book with a "it continues" feelings so that each person would finish the story how they wanted it to be. I always considered LTODD his version of how the LTROI continues and that we should considers this ending, but also don't stop imagining our own ending.
Blog: http://alemdafloresta.wordpress.com/
"Don't be afraid of me. There's no reason for you to be. Maybe you know that. I hope you know that. I like you so very much. Yours, Eli."

JToede

Post by JToede » Mon May 12, 2014 9:44 pm

Elias Eriksson wrote:Kind of late to the thread but...
I think that JAL always meant to end the book with a "it continues" feelings so that each person would finish the story how they wanted it to be. I always considered LTODD his version of how the LTROI continues and that we should considers this ending, but also don't stop imagining our own ending.
Well in this forum, We've imagining it in MANY different ways, and we keep on imagining.
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

Elias Eriksson

Post by Elias Eriksson » Mon May 12, 2014 10:00 pm

JToede wrote:
Elias Eriksson wrote:Kind of late to the thread but...
Well in this forum, We've imagining it in MANY different ways, and we keep on imagining.
Yeah! It's amazing. When i have the time i am going to read through the stories here.
Blog: http://alemdafloresta.wordpress.com/
"Don't be afraid of me. There's no reason for you to be. Maybe you know that. I hope you know that. I like you so very much. Yours, Eli."

Return to “Let The Old Dreams Die”