Thinking aloud - LTODD film. (Possible Spoilers)

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's short story collection Låt de gamla drömmarna dö
Makalli

Thinking aloud - LTODD film. (Possible Spoilers)

Post by Makalli » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:29 pm

So this isn't a fully formed idea, and I'm not sure if it has already been discussed. But isn't a LTODD film possible? I mean, the story doesn't focus directly on Oskar and Eli, we only come in contact with them via recollection. So do any of you think it would be possible for a film sequel (of sorts)?

The themes of the story would still come through: love, friendship... Edvard Munch, albeit probably in a slightly surreal way. But I don't see any reason why the story wouldn't work. Have I overlooked anything or is this thing good to go?

Thoughts?

I'm just saying it could be possible (couldn't it?), not that it should happen. :)
Döden besökte mig i morse. Vi spelar schack tillsammans.

sweetbloodyboy

Re: Thinking aloud - LTODD film. (Possible Spoilers)

Post by sweetbloodyboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:25 pm

no bro there no gona be a new movie oskar (kare herdenbrant) retired and eli (lina leandersson)
grow up
doesnt gonna be the same
only way is a ne readaptation of book with a sequel
im sorry i was expectanting a sequel too

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:48 pm

I can't really see how it can be done. The story is very much the thoughts of (can't remember his name) in regard to Stefan and Karin. I mean, sure, there can be a film of their actions but the story was more about the emotion, wasn't it?

And when it comes to the finale, when we eventually get to see Eli and Oskar ... mixing blood ... how will that be done? I, for one, wouldn't sanction other actors playing the part of Eli and Oskar, but maybe that's just me. And there couldn't be any flashbacks either.

Maybe animated? IDK.

PS Laurie Taylor, an English sociologist, has a radio programme on R4 called 'Thinking Allowed', and your thread title reminded me of it because I used to think it was spelled 'Thinking Aloud' until I saw it in the schedule. <----useless trivia.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

EEA

Post by EEA » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:19 am

I think maybe it could be done into an animated movie. :)

Makalli

Post by Makalli » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:31 am

Fair enough.

I suppose the blood mixing would be difficult, but there's that scene in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy where Gary Oldman sits recounting an event, and he describes it so so very well. Maybe it would be possible (however unlikely to be good) to do that for the blood mixing scene. An animated feature (or short) would be possible.

It was just a thought, I don't think a sequel would be a good idea, just wondering if one would be possible... I'll be quite now :) .

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Makalli wrote:... but there's that scene in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy where Gary Oldman sits recounting an event, and he describes it so so very well. Maybe it would be possible (however unlikely to be good) to do that for the blood mixing scene. An animated feature (or short) would be possible.
:think: . Okay, a compromise, they can blow the budget and hire Gary Oldman, but he'd have to do the whole thing in Swedish.

No need to be quiet, it's a question worth asking :D

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Makalli

Post by Makalli » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:41 pm

Jameron wrote: :think: . Okay, a compromise, they can blow the budget and hire Gary Oldman, but he'd have to do the whole thing in Swedish.

I think Gary Oldman would be up to the challenge, he can add another bad film (which, let's be honest it would be) to his résumé :D .

Return to “Let The Old Dreams Die”