...Let the Old Dreams Die *Question - No Spoiler*

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's short story collection Låt de gamla drömmarna dö
Angelmaker

...Let the Old Dreams Die *Question - No Spoiler*

Post by Angelmaker » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:37 pm

I'm new to this forum and I am very pleased that there is one seeing as I can now talk to fellow lovers of Let the Right One In without feeling like I'm obsessed lol.

I know there is a page for Let the Old Dreams Die but I didn't want to go on that page and read a spolier so I thought I would ask here. From what I have read online Let the Old Dreams Die is in a collection of short stories. Could someone please tell me what the title of this book is please. The story has been in my mind since I watched the film and then read the book and I am desperate (if that is the right word) to find out what happens to Oskar and Eli.

I would also like to discuss what people who haven't read Let the Old Dreams Die yet but have read Let the Right One In, how you would like their story to go and end. Personally I don't think I would like Eli to change Oskar. I have other ideas of how it should go
But he, whose heart a skogsrå steals it never will recover. His soul will long for moonlight dreams and no mere mortal lover...

jonjon_z

Re: ...Let the Old Dreams Die *Question - No Spoiler*

Post by jonjon_z » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Hello Angelmaker and Welcome! :)

If I'm not mistaken the book is titled "Låt de gamla drömmarna dö" which is Swedish for "Let The Old Dreams Die". It contains the short story of the same name which is the epilogue to Oskar and Eli. The English version of "Paper Walls" will include the official English translation of the epilogue LTODD which I'm not certain when or if that will be published.
"Can we die?" "Of course we can." Eli put his hand on his heart, felt the slow beats. Maybe it was because he was a child. Maybe that was why he hadn't put an end to it. The pangs of conscience were weaker than his will to live.

Angelmaker

Post by Angelmaker » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Thanks a lot jonjon. Paper Walls is what I will look for then. I think it had been published in English. I will investigate :). Have you read it yet?
But he, whose heart a skogsrå steals it never will recover. His soul will long for moonlight dreams and no mere mortal lover...

DoloremIpsum

Post by DoloremIpsum » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:22 pm

I can't wait until the release. Is there a date or an approximate time yet? :think:

metoo

Post by metoo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:53 am

jonjon_z wrote:If I'm not mistaken the book is titled "Låt de gamla drömmarna dö" which is Swedish for "Let The Old Dreams Die". It contains the short story of the same name which is the epilogue to Oskar and Eli. The English version of "Paper Walls" will include the official English translation of the epilogue LTODD which I'm not certain when or if that will be published.
The title is correct, but it would be more precise to say that the short story Låt de gamla drömmarna dö contains an epilogue, than that it is an epilogue. Or you may say that is is an epilogue to the autobiographical aspect of LTROI.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

DarkGuyver

Post by DarkGuyver » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:51 am

I am really looking forward to reading the continuation to "Let The Right One In".

wizfit

Post by wizfit » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:20 pm

DarkGuyver wrote:I am really looking forward to reading the continuation to "Let The Right One In".
I am also looking forward to reading the book! It should be Awesome!!!

david_jumper

Post by david_jumper » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Okay, After reading this thread I see that "PaperWalls" is the book which has to be bought if I want to read, how the story continues (or ends, because it is an epilogue). But now I wonder, what "Låt de gamla drömmarna dö" is? Is it the same epilogue only in swedish, or is it a new entire book? This is quite confusing for me...
Someone able to explain it?

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:39 pm

"Låt de gamla drömmarna dö"is a short story with a few clues about what happened after "Let The Right One In" concluded...
"Paper Walls" is a collection of short stories by John Ajvide Lindquist that supposed to be released in US in the near future.
"Let the Old Dreams Die"("Låt de gamla drömmarna dö")is promised to be included in this collection. However, since publishing world is such a murky place I'll celebrate only if "Paper Walls" is in my hands...
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

metoo

Post by metoo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:08 am

All the above is true. Låt de gamla drömmarna dö is also the name of the book where the short story is published in Swedish.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Return to “Let The Old Dreams Die”