Thoughts about Let The Old Dreams Die !!!SPOILERS!!!

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's short story collection Låt de gamla drömmarna dö
OskarTheArsonist

Re: Thoughts about Let The Old Dreams Die !!!SPOILERS!!!

Post by OskarTheArsonist » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:02 pm

nithr wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:26 pm
drakkar wrote:I sensed a hostility from Eli&Oskar towards the surroundings, which I took as a sign of "go away and leave us alone!" :)
They were being hostile when Stefan walked up to them as they were mixing which is understandable. Other than that moment I don't see how you could gather anything from what little we were given. If they wanted to be left alone they could have picked a better place than Barcelona with its insane nightlife and be more careful about avoiding cameras so the the two people who were still looking for them wouldn't see and go after them.
I agree with you I think the only reason Eli turned hostile was bescuse it was a personal moment.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

metoo

Post by metoo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:12 am

OskarTheArsonist wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:02 pm
I agree with you I think the only reason Eli turned hostile was bescuse it was a personal moment.
I have a somewhat different interpretation of Eli’s behaviour. Eli would have been very protective towards Oskar at the time, considering what happened the previous night. So, while Eli certainly was irritated because of the intrusion, protecting Oskar might have played a greater part.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

OskarTheArsonist

Post by OskarTheArsonist » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:10 pm

metoo wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:12 am
OskarTheArsonist wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:02 pm
I have a somewhat different interpretation of Eli’s behaviour. Eli would have been very protective towards Oskar at the time, considering what happened the previous night. So, while Eli certainly was irritated because of the intrusion, protecting Oskar might have played a greater part.
I think your right it makes more sense if he was just being protective.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

Return to “Let The Old Dreams Die”