Per Ragnar

Leave a message for the cast & crew
Wolfchild

Per Ragnar

Post by Wolfchild » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:13 am

This thread is dedicated to messages for Per Ragnar - the actor who portrayed Håkan in the film Let The Right One In.

Wolfchild

Re: Per Ragnar

Post by Wolfchild » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Per,

Your Håkan is really something of a fascinating enigma, and you did a good job of bringing him to life onscreen without the audience needing a lot of back story. So much of that role was pure physical acting with very little dialogue. You made me feel that I was watching a real person in the moment. You moved me past the question of, "Would a real person be doing this?" directly to the question of, "Why is this person doing this?"

In particular I liked your Håkan's body language. When we see Håkan preparing his kit, he is confident, professional. He knows exactly what must be done. And then in the woods, your Håkan is confident and business-like as he goes about his grisly task. Then Ricky the poodle shows up and it all falls apart for him. At that point, right before my eyes, the body language of your Håkan changes. Suddenly he is bumbling and panicked. I thought this was an excellent bit of physical acting.

Thank you for the things you brought to this wonderful film.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Luftwaffles

Re: Per Ragnar

Post by Luftwaffles » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:31 pm

You're the best ever. I saw your training/career/authorship/subjects on Wikipedia, and it hit close to my heart! I'll have to find that series you partook in called "Somewhere in Sweden."
Well, the way I imagine it, Eli and Oskar are happy forever being vampires, working seasonally at a blood-bank with poor book-keeping skills.

Return to “Guest Book”