Tomas Alfredson

Leave a message for the cast & crew
Wolfchild

Tomas Alfredson

Post by Wolfchild » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:56 am

This thread is dedicated to messages for Tomas Alfredson - the director of the film Let The Right One In.

danielma

Re: Tomas Alfredson

Post by danielma » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:23 am

Well I'll be the first to break the seal :)

Tomas

What can be said that hasn't already been said here, I think I can speak for many people in saying Thank You for crafting a damn fine Masterpiece. Everything about this film screams Expert and Quality Film making, from the performances of all involved, to the use of music under every scene.

There really isn't much more I can say that hasn't been said here a few hundred times. You should be infinently proud of this film, just like we the fans are :)

Thank you very much for crafting what is truthfully a beautiful and timeless Masterpiece
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:44 pm

Tomas,

A lot has been already said in the name of our merry little community, so I'll just speak for myself.

Personally, Låt den rätte komma in (I'll further refer to it as LTROI, which has become the standard abbreviation on this board) means a lot to me. It's not simply a matter of "liking", but moreover a matter of emotional absorption. I've seen it once on a local film festival in 2008, but back then, it didn't leave a lasting impression with me, since the festival audience was horrible and killed the experience with permanent chatter and heckling. When the film came out on DVD last summer, I was in a phase of mental overload and emotional distress that left me in a torpor somewhere in between medication and total indifference. One day I went to my local video store, looking for mere escapism, found LTROI, remembered vaguely having seen it in the cinema, bought it. What can I say? After the first session, I was just gobsmacked. I couldn't get it out of my head. I had to watch it again, and each time, it dragged me in even more. LTROI was like a proverbial wake-up call, reminding me that I was neither dead nor stunned or whatever, but in fact damn alive, and eventually, it prompted me to get my ass in gear again.

I'm not a fan of announcing and empirically listing "favourites" whatsoever. There are no "top tens" in my life, only things I feel emotionally attached to and things I don't. However, I can safely say that of all the things I ever experienced in the recent years, LTROI left one of the strongest impressions on me, not merely as a film, but as a part of my life. And as such, it deserves a firm place of honour in both my shelf and my ticker :) .

Again, thank you. Not simply for making this film, but for pouring your lifeblood into it, hence helping give a soul to something that might otherwise have been just another motion picture. All the same goes, of course, to your crew, that eagerly took their part in building this masterpiece from the ground up.
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

ZWD40

Post by ZWD40 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:58 pm

We have all been captivated by Lina and Kare's performance, and we credit the young actors.

I do not know the extent of your influence over Lina and Kare's performance, but knowing that you, as the director, had a guiding hand in the fabrication of their respective characters, one cannot help but be amazed at your ability to evoke deep-seated emotions through these two young actors.

You are the heart that has kept the individual aspects of the film beating as one.
... she looks like a kid who has just been overindulgent with chocolate cake or a messy candy bar...
I could just picture Arnold planting a bloody kiss on Oskar telling him "I'll be back."

Return to “Guest Book”