Eli and Oskar now

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
NigelNinja

Eli and Oskar now

Post by NigelNinja » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:30 pm

I think that all of us that are infected have pictured in our imaginations what life is like for Eli and Oskar today. Unfortunately I lack the talent to write a sophisticated fan fiction lol so please excuse my simple minded thoughts of what our heroes are up to...

I picture them living in, say, Pittsburgh, living in an apartment where they have a personal assistant thats a cool, tattooed woman that has no ulterior motives other than helping them do the things they need an adult for (getting them housing, paying bills etc) i also think that they dress like hipsters and play atari. To eat they hunt down pedophiles and spouse abusers. They're both happy and fulfilled. The old dreams have died, and now they make new dreams together...forever.

Again guy, please forgive my simple minded rambling lol
Hit back. Hard.

metoo

Re: Eli and Oskar now

Post by metoo » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:06 pm

NigelNinja wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:30 pm
I think that all of us that are infected have pictured in our imaginations what life is like for Eli and Oskar today. Unfortunately I lack the talent to write a sophisticated fan fiction lol so please excuse my simple minded thoughts of what our heroes are up to...

I picture them living in, say, Pittsburgh, living in an apartment where they have a personal assistant thats a cool, tattooed woman that has no ulterior motives other than helping them do the things they need an adult for (getting them housing, paying bills etc) i also think that they dress like hipsters and play atari. To eat they hunt down pedophiles and spouse abusers. They're both happy and fulfilled. The old dreams have died, and now they make new dreams together...forever.

Again guy, please forgive my simple minded rambling lol
Personally, I see no need for O&E to have an apartment. They would, I think, do better seeking forgotten spaces that are abundant in all cities. No rent, no neighbours, no-one sees them entering or leaving.

However, the question remains whether they would need a helper. Eli said that he needs help about once a year, when he is too weak to feed after having rested for several months. Would being two make a difference? I think it might. Furthermore, I like to think that their infections would synchronise the long rest, so they wouldn't have to live alone for months while the other one is hibernating.

Although I did once write a piece where O&E intentionally targeted gang criminals, I have since changed my mind. These days I think that O&E would involve themselves as little as possible in choosing their victims and instead rely on chance as much as possible. This would reduce their responsibility for the outcome of their actions, alleviate their pangs of conscience and give them some peace of mind.

Unfortunately the fan fiction site is still down, otherwise I could have directed you to some brief stories I have composed relating to the life of E&O after LtROI...
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:30 pm

Yes, such a shame. There are so many stories already written, heck even jal sort of wrote about it himself. (Let the old dreams die short story collection)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:18 pm

Yes, w can only wait patiently while Wolfchild sorts out the fan fiction glitch. The first chapter of Set Me As a Seal explores the problem of O&E trying to have a romantic relationship without having anyone they can talk to about it. A bad case of "cabin fever" sends Oskar running back to Blackeberg. :o
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:15 pm

We can always hope that Until my mouth dries (JAL's proposed sequel novel) gets written one day, as well.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:27 pm

Yup. I know the feeling. :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

NigelNinja

Post by NigelNinja » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:57 am

Siggdalos wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:15 pm
We can always hope that Until my mouth dries (JAL's proposed sequel novel) gets written one day, as well.

What worldly possession of mine wouldn't I give up to make this happen!
Hit back. Hard.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”