My absolute favorite moment of the film

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
andmker

Re: My absolute favorite moment of the film

Post by andmker » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:39 pm

dongregg wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:19 pm
andmker. There's a lot going on here. Eli feels normal human embarrassment at throwing up. Oskar doesn't know how to react, but he automatically comforts Eli with the hug. Throughout the film, human impulses serve when experience is lacking. The unconscious hand play at her glass door is a pure example. There are so many others. :wub:

Exactly :) It's brilliantly done. It gives so much depth.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:41 am

NigelNinja wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:17 pm
:) :wub:

I'm sorry to gush like this but newly infected i just have to talk about this amazing story

My absolute absolute favorite scene that makes my heart just melt is when Eli pulls Oskar from the pool and they exchange "the look" that expresses that they had both let the right one in.

Seriously how did 12 year old actors make them seem so genuine? It just blows my mind.

Again sorry to gush but I can't help it...im thoroughly infected. :D :D
That was an amazing moment. I remember just feeling stunned after watching that part for the first time.

NigelNinja

Post by NigelNinja » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:35 am

Oh, and the famous scene where Oskar refuses to invite Eli into his apartment and she begins to bleed out. It blows my mind EVERY time to see how he can go from confident to almost arrogant when provoking her to enter to his home to in a near instead you can feel how ashamed and remorseful he was in knowing he hurt the one person he cares about. And all with a minimal amount of dialog. His facial expressions and mannerisms in that moment express a 1000 words without having to say any. Moves me to tears every time :cry:
Hit back. Hard.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”