About origin of LTROI movie posters

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
RonnieRocket

About origin of LTROI movie posters

Post by RonnieRocket » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:17 pm

Greetings.

I am whishing to know about the creation of these posters for the movie. If any of you have any information to provide i would be very pleased.

Movie poster 2 (large format):

Movie poster 1:

Who made them (each)? Where did he/she got the idea? Very specificaly how is related to the movie? This last question seems misinformed but i am very aware of this motif and it really fits the movie, the idea o separation, window, portal, barrier. The shadows behind frosted glass is commonly used, although its perfect and beautiful for this movie. I know there are several scenes depicting this hands on glass or hands on a wall, but there is no scene in the movie with this particular shadows in poster 1 and 2. Why, i mean, how they did it?

Thank you and nice to meet you.

jkwilliams

Re: About origin of LTROI movie posters

Post by jkwilliams » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:42 am

In the top poster, it looks like Lina's wearing the same pink shirt she wears in the basement scene. So, I'm guessing that picture was taken when they were filming the pool scene where she watches Oskar through the window.

I once asked why the title of the film was designed the way it was, with the words split across three different lines. I finally realized that the middle line, The Right One, was being used to represent a barrier between the other two. The people who designed the advertising seemed to have a pretty good understanding of what the film was about.

Welcome to the forum. :D
Last edited by jkwilliams on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Welcome to the forum, RonnieRocket! :D
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

be-me-a-little

Post by be-me-a-little » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:22 pm

This is fascinating to think about! I am particularly a fan of the first poster. It is an intriguing image with a haunting, slightly horror-esque feeling. (:
perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood

metoo

Post by metoo » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:37 pm

jkwilliams wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:42 am
Why, i mean, how they did it?
Well, the figure in the large poster looks like Lina, so the picture might have been shot by the movie still photographer in connection to filming the movie.
The smaller poster looks similar, so I would guess that it is a different picture from the same shooting session.

Technically, the pictures show someone standing close to the other side of a moist glass pane, with a very strong backlight.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:53 am

I wish I had information to offer about the posters, but I am completely ignorant about who made them or how they were developed.

johnajvide

Post by johnajvide » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:09 am

Hi,

Just back from Cuba where I finished The Kindness (750 pages!)
To this very specific question I actually have an answer.
The poster pictures where taken in a separate photo session in Stockholm quite a few months after the shooting of the movie was finished.
Lina was there, of course, and so were me and Tomas. Exactly as mentioned it was a frosted glass pane, backlit and with water sprayed on it.
Loads of pictures of me and Tomas were taken too, but they have never been used anywhere.
I remember it especially because I was just back from Morocco, and consequently dressed in a djellaba. And I had bought lighters that had a LED-light that projected an image of Saddam Hussein onto a wall. Tomas got one as a gift.

All the best

John

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:15 am

johnajvide wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:09 am
Hi,

Just back from Cuba where I finished The Kindness (750 pages!)
To this very specific question I actually have an answer.
The poster pictures where taken in a separate photo session in Stockholm quite a few months after the shooting of the movie was finished.
Lina was there, of course, and so were me and Tomas. Exactly as mentioned it was a frosted glass pane, backlit and with water sprayed on it.
Loads of pictures of me and Tomas were taken too, but they have never been used anywhere.
I remember it especially because I was just back from Morocco, and consequently dressed in a djellaba. And I had bought lighters that had a LED-light that projected an image of Saddam Hussein onto a wall. Tomas got one as a gift.

All the best

John
Hey John,

Good to hear from you. Hope you are staying safe out there.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:16 pm

johnajvide wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:09 am
Of course, we would love it if you felt free to share any of those pictures here.

If you don't care to share any of those, then please post a pic of Saddam Hussein projected from your lighter! :lol:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

johnajvide

Post by johnajvide » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:04 pm

Unfortunately I have never seen any of those photos, but here is one of three happy campers (me, Hoyte van Hoytema and Tomas Alfredson) after winning the nordic film prize in Gothenburg.

Skärmavbild 2020-03-31 kl. 15.50.32.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”