For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
Daniel Ether

Re: With sadness

Post by Daniel Ether » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:03 am

PeteMork wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:20 am
Daniel Ether wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:17 am
Hello everyone. :) It also has been a long time since my last post. But im also very happy to see the forum still alive. Like Mackousko i also only have very good memories of this forum :wub: PeteMork got in touch with me last week and like i told him, i'm very sorry for just vanishing. :?
We missed you, Daniel. You were a big part of the golden age of artists on We, the Infected. But there is a bit of an upsurge in FF these days. You might want to check it out and see if any of it might awaken your artistic sensibilities again. ;) (See Dongregg and gkmoberg1 in the thread "Community Prompt Sharing and Adapting" right around here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9733&start=80 )
dongregg wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:35 am
I've missed you, Daniel Ether. I've turned some of your art work into online jigsaw puzzles.

And what Pete said: See about 40 pages that GK has written of the kids and Mr. Ávila in Paris. It's called "Serendipity."
:wub: Thats so great to hear! i started drawing a few weeks ago. i havent drawn in years :cry: i forgot how much fun it is :D i really looking forward to check in frequently again after all those years. i really missed you guys. life is a strange thing sometimes

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:57 am

Each of us will eventually fall silent on the forum, just as each of us will eventually fall silent in the world. Even if you don't want to reach the destination, please remember that being able to make any journey at all is a gift.
JToede wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:38 am
sauvin wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:30 am
cmfireflies wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:08 pm
Hi all,

nowadays I only comment to defend Eli against mean comments. :twisted: She's beyond reproach I tell you.
She's a stone cold serial murderess!
But she is soooo awesome. we loves her. she's our preciousss :wub: :wub:
Eli is a monster.

But even that little monster found a way to love and be loved. :wub: I guess there is hope for the rest of us as well.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

intrige

Post by intrige » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:32 am

Hear hear!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:30 am

Wolfchild wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:57 am
Each of us will eventually fall silent on the forum, just as each of us will eventually fall silent in the world. Even if you don't want to reach the destination, please remember that being able to make any journey at all is a gift.
JToede wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:38 am
sauvin wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:30 am
She's a stone cold serial murderess!
But she is soooo awesome. we loves her. she's our preciousss :wub: :wub:
Eli is a monster.

But even that little monster found a way to love and be loved. :wub: I guess there is hope for the rest of us as well.
I don't mind people calling Eli a monster, because it's technically accurate, but if you say Eli should be killed or is obligated to commit suicide, then I'm mentally sticking you into the category of people who would push a kid aside to jump into the last lifeboat on the Titanic :evil:
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:22 am

That's harsh, cm, but I agree in principle. Eli is the victim of an evil sadist. How could a child--isolated, alone and afraid--process that without interaction with others . Part of the magic of LTROI is that Oskar and Eli found each other. Perhaps it is not too much to imagine that they could both begin to heal through their relationship. :think:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:47 pm

intrige wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:57 pm
So I found this old post on the forum: https://let-the-right-one-in.com/forum/ ... php?t=9618
Fits pretty well!!
I gave up waiting for updates on this manga, but now it's finished. So I started from the beginning again and read it to the end. It's awesome!

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:51 pm

Daniel Ether wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:03 am
PeteMork wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:20 am
Daniel Ether wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:17 am
Hello everyone. :) It also has been a long time since my last post. But im also very happy to see the forum still alive. Like Mackousko i also only have very good memories of this forum :wub: PeteMork got in touch with me last week and like i told him, i'm very sorry for just vanishing. :?
We missed you, Daniel. You were a big part of the golden age of artists on We, the Infected. But there is a bit of an upsurge in FF these days. You might want to check it out and see if any of it might awaken your artistic sensibilities again. ;) (See Dongregg and gkmoberg1 in the thread "Community Prompt Sharing and Adapting" right around here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9733&start=80 )
dongregg wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:35 am
I've missed you, Daniel Ether. I've turned some of your art work into online jigsaw puzzles.

And what Pete said: See about 40 pages that GK has written of the kids and Mr. Ávila in Paris. It's called "Serendipity."
:wub: Thats so great to hear! i started drawing a few weeks ago. i havent drawn in years :cry: i forgot how much fun it is :D i really looking forward to check in frequently again after all those years. i really missed you guys. life is a strange thing sometimes
Oh hey, Daniel. I've missed your drawings. It's sad to hear you haven't used your art in years, such a waste. You're so talented.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Sasutaschi

Post by Sasutaschi » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:44 pm

I'm a relatively new part of the infected community.
Yes, I've been infected all the way back in March of 2018.
But, I got lost and felt as if I didn't deserve to come back here.
Still, the forum remained bookmarked in my browser.
I was just that I had to wait for the right moment to come back, which happened to be one and a half years and one "Little Star" later.
I've changed, I've matured (re-reading my old posts was a bit cringy I mean my reasoning for Eli being female was that Lina had and I quote "boobs" :think: , not that I just watched "Let Me In" first and was estranged by the fact that she was in fact a he in the original), but most importantly I''ve returned.
I'm very glad I did, so many of you are artists, be it with words or pencil, the people here are truly beautiful.
And I have yet to read the fan fiction (don't worry @dongregg I haven't forgotten). God knows what hidden gems I will discover in those.
What I try to say is, that with every leaving infected, a new one will hopefully be joining. There is really no telling in what will happen next, maybe I infect someone.
This community isn't dead, the numbers may have declined, but this story impacted our lives and that will never fade, @JoBerg expressed this wonderfully.
I have found my way.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:55 am

When the fan fiction section comes back up, enjoy! If the mass represented in that section were to be printed out, it'd take up several library shelves. A great deal of it is very well written (some of the WTI folk are very talented), and most of it reflects an almost fawning love for Eli.

A word of caution, though: some of it is pretty freaking dark.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”