When I'm feeling glum

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
ltroifanatic

When I'm feeling glum

Post by ltroifanatic » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Whenever I feel glum all I have to do is read or watch LTROI.It revitalises me and makes me happy.A story about hope and love.How could I feel sorry for myself when two little angels,against incredible odds,accept and love each other the way Eli and Oskar do.Makes me feel silly for fussing about little things.Their story just gets better the more I watch or read it and I don't care if people think I'm weird.I'll keep plugging away for people to experience it because it's one of the great joys in my life and if they "get it" they'll understand why. :D :wub: :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

PeteMork

Re: When I'm feeling glum

Post by PeteMork » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:54 pm

One of the best symptoms of the infection! :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

intrige

Post by intrige » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:35 pm

I don't really need to read or watch LTROI anymore cause I know every little detail. But still, sometimes even today after over 5 years of infection, just thinking about it brings me joy. On good days, on bad days. Amongst all the horrible things that lies within humanity the light in the dark were these two, in the story. And that hope shines bright inside me. I have learned how hard and rewarding it is to be in a relationship. I have lerned the hardships and joys of life, of love and of pain. For some reason it all makes sense in this story, and it helped me understand a small aspect of all that in that story I frist read and saw just as a young teenager. It has shaped me, and will until I die I think. LTROI truly gave me nomething special, and so did this forum. It still does :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:02 pm

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:25 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:02 pm
Thanks ACL.It's such a wonderful scene,I wish that they could have kept it somehow.It's so beautifully acted.Oskar being so contrite and ashamed and Eli being confused and upset.When I first watched it I felt certain that Eli would give a blood curdling growl in responce to Oskar's cute little growl but she doesn't.Being a child she plays along with her friend.I think the music emphasizes that child-like quality as well.How could anyone not smile after watching it. :wub: :D :wub:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”