Forum Software Upgrade

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
gkmoberg1

Re: Forum Software Upgrade

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:27 am

Will the linkage between this side and other Fan Content side work and feel the same? This won't break all the links between the two, will it?

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks for the head’s up and we’ll keep our fingers crossed.

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:55 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:Will the linkage between this side and other Fan Content side work and feel the same? This won't break all the links between the two, will it?
This is an excellent question. The links to Fan Content from the forum are certain to still work. I think it likely that the links from Fan Content back to the forum will still work as well, but I am by no means certain. :think:

Upon reflection, I will imagine that whoever wrote the updater made sure that a link in one forum post pointing to another forum post will still work. So either URLs to forum posts will not change, or the database update process will change them, and then it will have to go through every post in the forum replacing old URLs with new URLs. The latter sounds like a hideous process to program, so I'll bet that all URLs will remain the same, and therefor all external links in to the forum will still work.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:38 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:Will the linkage between this side and other Fan Content side work and feel the same? This won't break all the links between the two, will it?
BarryWhite wrote: Only a real programming geek would ever think of this. At least, before it happens :-)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:54 pm

My attempts to upgrade the software have failed. :evil:

Expect that the forum can be up or down intermittently over the next week while I continue my efforts to bend it to my will.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:18 am

Wolfchild wrote:My attempts to upgrade the software have failed. :evil:

Expect that the forum can be up or down intermittently over the next week while I continue my efforts to bend it to my will.
It's to be expected, this upgrade has been a long time coming right? Natural to have a learning curve.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:45 am

We have faith.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:32 am

Everything appears to working. You will find some things to be different, like at the top of the page below the header, there is a Quick links drop down menu on the left, and on the right the is a drop down menu with your username. Also, when you edit post or a PM, the icons for things like bold and underline are different, but they all act the same.

As ever, if you come across any weirdness or something that doesn't look right, please let me know.

Thanks,
Wolfchild
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Looks great!

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Shiny and new. Well done!
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”